The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Anyone have any experience with Ford Explorers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlacasse1

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 6, 2009
Scott AFB, Illinois
02 Ford Explorer, 4.0L, non-flex fuel.

Here's the story:

Snapped a timing chain so I put a junkyard motor in it. Ran for a day and died on me. Timing ok, compression ok. Discovered my retarded ass had to plug wires crossed. Fixed that. Still didn't start. It seems like it is dumping too much fuel to run. If I pull the fuel pump fuse it will actually start and run as the pressure dies down. But, the fuel pressure is within specification. So that's kind of weird. None of the injectors are stuck open, no vacuum leaks, no ground issues. It's just plain out dumping too much fuel. Does anyone have any experience with these shit bombs? If you do, I'll go into greater detail on what it's doing.

Oh yeah, damn near every sensor on the truck has been replaced with new sensors.

02 Ford Explorer, 4.0L, non-flex fuel.

Here's the story:

Snapped a timing chain so I put a junkyard motor in it. Ran for a day and died on me. Timing ok, compression ok. Discovered my retarded ass had to plug wires crossed. Fixed that. Still didn't start. It seems like it is dumping too much fuel to run. If I pull the fuel pump fuse it will actually start and run as the pressure dies down. But, the fuel pressure is within specification. So that's kind of weird. None of the injectors are stuck open, no vacuum leaks, no ground issues. It's just plain out dumping too much fuel. Does anyone have any experience with these shit bombs? If you do, I'll go into greater detail on what it's doing.

Oh yeah, damn near every sensor on the truck has been replaced with new sensors.

We had a 4L junkyard motor put into a ranger and it would stall rattle and sometimes run like shit. Turned out to be the push rods. But that doesn't seem to be what your describing. Run a scan on it and check for anything out of the ordinary.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back