The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Anyone got an oil pump or water pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You'd be better off buying new or use what you got. Unless yours is bad swapping one used one for another used one is really just wasting money and there is no guarantee it will last any longer than yours would have.

That’s valid
How many miles are on the engine you are rebuilding? Most cases I would go with a new water pump but run the old oil pump. I would probably take the cover off and check the gerotor and plates for excessive wear as long as the engine was apart.

How many miles are on the engine you are rebuilding? Most cases I would go with a new water pump but run the old oil pump. I would probably take the cover off and check the gerotor and plates for excessive wear as long as the engine was apart.
I know my motor has at least 215000 miles and it spun 2 bearings as well so I would feel safer just having a new oil pump, problem is most modern ones are made of junk and fall apart so I want something oem

OEM water pump is gone. Bot the GMB 1201300 and Gates 41003 are reliable pieces, available from Rock Auto at a decent price. Melling M190 on the oil pump, also available at Rock Auto.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back