The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Anyone else have this addiction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlieracr4g63

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2003
Kure Beach, North_Carolina
I was just sitting here looking at the new cars I just bought my oldest son, and was wondering if anyone else is as crazy as we are. Sometimes I think I have lost my mind. LOL Its getting to the point where you cant even see the walls in my sons room for cars. So I finally counted them.

155 Hotwheels
69 various Import Muscle Machines
9 F and the F cars
16 Hot Tuners
6 Super Street
11 Dub Citys
2 Import Racers

Attachments

• Brents cars 2.JPG
    Brents cars 2.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 740
  • Brents cars 3.JPG
    Brents cars 3.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 736
  • Brents cars 4.JPG
    Brents cars 4.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 730
  • Brents cars 1.JPG
    Brents cars 1.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 726
That's cool! :thumb: When my son was born in 1999, I bought him every hot wheels car that they made for that year. When he gets a little older I'll find a way to display them. Right now all he will want to do is open them & play with them.

roshique said:
That's cool! :thumb: When my son was born in 1999, I bought him every hot wheels car that they made for that year. When he gets a little older I'll find a way to display them. Right now all he will want to do is open them & play with them.

well hell yeah, if i was five i would want to bust all of them out too. hot wheels were the shit back in the day man.

My family's back in NC. Not surprisingly, my dad being a gearhead, is also into Nascar. (personally can't stand it) He's got a room in the house that's full of that stuff..

And to think you could have gone to Olive Garden a few times with that money..

:p

This is where it got a little out of hand for me. I have been collecting import tuners for a long long time. I have managed to get every set both loose and MOC in the 1/64th. The large ones I just keep loose except for the copper skyline which I have a MIB version too. They are almost impossible to find. You wont find the copper skyline even on ebay. The ones I like the most are the JGTC cars which just came out. You'll see those on the top shelf in the middle. The detail is unreal on them.

1. My MOC stuff
2. My 1/18th cars .
3. Some 1/18th and the Muscle Machines "Haulers" series.
4. The JGTC cars and the Initial D 1/64th cars and more 1/18th cars
5. 1/18th cars, and all three series of the "import racer" 1/64 series.
6. Muscle Machines 1/64th series cars including the 10 cars that come in the two 5-pack sets.
7. More 1/64th Muscle Machines
8. Even 1/64th Muscle Machines
9. And finally the last bit of 1/64th Muscle Machines.
10 More 1/18th, trailers to the hauler sand some other misc stuff I've picked up

Attachments

• moc.jpg
    moc.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 646
  • big1.jpg
    big1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 657
  • Top1.jpg
    Top1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 636
  • Top2.jpg
    Top2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 635
  • Top3.jpg
    Top3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 613
  • bottom2.jpg
    bottom2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 594
  • bottom 1.jpg
    bottom 1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 600
  • mid2.jpg
    mid2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 596
  • mid1.jpg
    mid1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 606
  • big2.jpg
    big2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 580
Here is the last bit.

10. 1/18th Skyline and NSXs Muscle Machines and a EVO VI 1/24th Import racer
11. 1/18th Skyline and 350z Muscle Machines.
12. A few of hard to find Import Racers.

Attachments

• door1.jpg
    door1.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 604
  • door2.jpg
    door2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 575
  • door1b.jpg
    door1b.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 562
BTW your collection is quite impressive. Nice to see somene else shares the addiction :)

wow.

i'm one to crack them open. Yes, it'd be nice to get money for them 500 years from now, but face it, there's about another million or so people out there that have the same collections, i know 4 people at WORK that have over 500 cars, so they arent really worth keeping them sealed, i love to play with them for a bit when i'm in the mood, especially now that they're designed so flawlessly.. it was rare when i was a youngin to have a toy car that went STRAIGHT. now its hard not to find one. which is why i still play with them :p

Holy Moly CaDoly Caca! DOo DOo! That is the most cars i've ever seen. You guys are some hardcore car collectors. I'm more of an ART FREEK.

Here is what came out with the last set of Muscle Machines.

Pic 1: I thought originally they were non-turbo but to my surprise they were turbo.
Pic 2: Even more to my surprise the package said GS-T but when I flipped the car up it was a GSX :D. I just wish they would have ditched the dual exhaust.

Attachments

• GSX1.jpg
    GSX1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 506
  • GSX2.jpg
    GSX2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 478
NO WAY!! Haha I just bought the red GST today. Gotta find the white one now. I wondered why they didnt make it a GSX. Thats awesome. :D

Do you have any of the signature series?

girlieracr4g63 said:
NO WAY!! Haha I just bought the red GST today. Gotta find the white one now. I wondered why they didnt make it a GSX. Thats awesome. :D

Do you have any of the signature series?

Yes, so far I have all of the Muscle Machines Tuner Series. I think your talking about the Ro-Ja Series right? The only ones I don't have are the ones from the toy shows. There are three of them. A civic hatch back, S2000, and the old Datsun. They are just too hard to get without having to buy the other two muscle machines given out at the toy show at the same time.

they will impress me and get my bucks when i see a Eagle Talon Tsi :talon: :thumb:

At least they are not beanie babies....

girlieracr4g63 said:
I was just sitting here looking at the new cars I just bought my oldest son, and was wondering if anyone else is as crazy as we are. Sometimes I think I have lost my mind. LOL Its getting to the point where you cant even see the walls in my sons room for cars. So I finally counted them.

155 Hotwheels
69 various Import Muscle Machines
9 F and the F cars
16 Hot Tuners
6 Super Street
11 Dub Citys
2 Import Racers

He's gonna grow up thinking real cars are shrink wrapped or come in plastic bubble boxes and made from Hot Wheels. :laugh:

i went to target and tore apart the toy car isle but they didnt have the 2gs, they had 3gs but they were damn ugly, all riced out. but on the plus side i found some inital D cars i got the FD and the trueno in 1/64 and the bigger one of the skyline GTR :thumb:

Yeah the only 1/64th 2Gs are in "Muscle Machines" latest batch. Really really hard to find. The only thing harder is the JGTC cars and they are expensive as hell. I kinda like the riced out look just because if I wanted to look at a stock one I'd stand in my driveway :). besides I like some body kits.

Nice collections. I only have a few Hotwheels, but I've collected Star Wars action figures and memorbelia sine I was 10. I have all of the pop cans from Episode 1 and most of the the Episode 1 action figures. I have probly 40 or 50 mint figures in box, and 20 or so mint out of the box.

I wish I had the money to keep up my collection of hot wheels, but my scale model car already takes up enough of my cash flow.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back