The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

anyone care to help out a newbie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyknowlden

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 8, 2010
grand junction, Colorado
i recently posted my problem i have a 6 bolt swap but no starting. i went through alot of the suggestions and still nothing i recently rewired the ecu the 4 pins for the injectors but nothing i did notice that whenever i press my brake pedal my dash lights come on but without pressing the brake the lights dont work could this be the ecu? im 90% sure i wired it correctly i was reading that the cps could cause it not to start? i have a black top one how do i check if its in sync? and do the black tops work for the 6 bolt swap? also can anyone post what the fuel relay and mpi looks like? i cant tell for sure if i even have those in my car, i have spark and compression i think im getting fuel i dont know for sure how to check. any help is greatly aprreciated!

hmmm thank you ill check my ecu tom im pretty sure it ended up looking like that i just changed the 4 pins they say to change with a 6 bolt swap do i need to cut and add any wires? i have 2 sets of plugs coming off the cps but where do i hook them up? one is a square one is a triangle 3 wire do i plug these in or add them to other plugs? and about my dash lights is it possible i have a 1g ecu? or just wired it wrong? all help is greatly appreciated!

There's a triangle plug that goes to the coil pack and one that would be unused for the crank angle sensor. Check the 2g engine bay wiring diagram to check which one is which.

The first link I posted shows will show the diagram for the CAS. Here it is again RRE Instructions

Double check the wiring and see if something got messed up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back