The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Anybody order anything from speedgearracing in Malaysia?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babyviper

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 12, 2003
Mays Landing, New_Jersey
speedgearracing had a close gear ratio for an evo 3 on their website back in the day. I emailed them the other day and they stated they still make them. Figured I'd ask before sending my money away, they do accept paypal so it's not a massive risk.

Comes with 1st and second gear with input shaft.
Ratio Spec
1st: 2.400
2nd: 1.476

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Heads up, you will likely need to grind clearance the reverse idler lever so it actuates around 1st gear. You might want to grind a radius on the top of 1st gear teeth to help with clearancing too.

Is that input shaft a 7/8"x20-spline or a 1"x23-spline?

Heads up, you will likely need to grind clearance the reverse idler lever so it actuates around 1st gear. You might want to grind a radius on the top of 1st gear teeth to help with clearancing too.

Is that input shaft a 7/8"x20-spline or a 1"x23-spline?
I'm not putting it together, definitely having it sent to you or Jack's for installation. Also WPC the whole gearset since they are so hard to find these days. There was no mention of the input shaft being larger in the description or during our emails. I'll check the input shaft thickness when I get home next week.

Just got home last night and got some pics of what came in the mail. Everything looks good so far. This is how it was packaged inside the box. Nothing looks damaged. To confirm, it is a factory input shaft spline. Was able to slide an ACT street disc right on and it fit snug. As you can see in last pic the gears were stamped Obuddy R which I assume is Obuddy Racing. Based on their FB page they make gears https://www.facebook.com/obuddyracing.
Also Threw in some input shaft comparison pics Obuddy, Evo 3 and 93-99 DSM from left to right. And also comparing 93-99 DSM 1st and 2nd to the Obuddy, Obuddy is brown. BTW DSM gears are polished, they don't normally look like that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back