The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Anybody into e30s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSi Kid

Probationary Member
May 31, 2009
Avondale, Arizona
Just seeing if anyone else has an e30 as their DD and how they like it?

I just bought an 1986 325es and it's been having some problems so I was wondering if any other dsmers were into these and could help me out. :D
(bmw forums are terrible you all have no idea how good the dsm community is)

I dont have one, but i sure as hell wouldn't mind getting one! Been lookin on Craigslist for a decent looking, drivable one. I would love to restore and fix one up! There are a few near my place that are turbo charged and SICK(in a good way) looking!!!!

Before I got my Talon I was really looking into E30s, loved the straight-six engine to go with rear wheel drive (even all wheel drive if you are lucky to find an IX) and practicality and comfort to boot. I still look into them every once in a while if I'm bored. I was eventually put off by the fact that any of them listed in my area were complete rustbuckets with 300000+ kms which only needed a few repairs to drive... like a new steering rack, rear diff, complete transmission, gas tank, wiring harness, starter... and yet they were still all $5000 or more.

There is an older guy a few blocks from my place who has a an E30 318is, E30 318i and a 190E 2.3, all in great shape. And I still think that the E30 M3 is one of the best looking cars of all time, simply an instant classic.

I had one (was into BMWs for awhile) and a few of my friends still have them.

What problems are you having?

My buddy daily's a boost 2004 bmw e36. Reliable cars. . .

EDIT* My bad, 01 325ci

Last edited:
Long story short, I bought the car and it would run perfectly when it was cold, but once it warmed up I couldn't get it to drive above 2.5k rpms and eventually it would die and I would have to restart it to get it running again.

I was thinking bad o2 sensor, coolent temp sensor, or bad fuel pump. Suggestions?

My buddy daily's a boost 2004 bmw e36. Reliable cars. . .

E46. I had one, it was decently reliable but had a few electrical gremlins, and oil consumption is a little high on the M54s.

Long story short, I bought the car and it would run perfectly when it was cold, but once it warmed up I couldn't get it to drive above 2.5k rpms and eventually it would die and I would have to restart it to get it running again.

I was thinking bad o2 sensor, coolent temp sensor, or bad fuel pump. Suggestions?

Probably not the O2 or the fuel pump. Any check engine light?

LOVE e30's, I had a friend with a turbo'd one, and what a blast to drift that car! Unfortunate that they have to be so heavy for how small of a car they are.

E46. I had one, it was decently reliable but had a few electrical gremlins, and oil consumption is a little high on the M54s.

Probably not the O2 or the fuel pump. Any check engine light?

My bad, 01 325CI. Anywho, fun car non the less. . .

My buddy has one.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

They are touchy, make a lot of noises that can't be explained, but won't die.

I will ask him.

One of my good friends has an E21 that he's converting from mechanical fuel injection to EFI and adding an ITB/Turbo combo. It should be sweet when he gets it done.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back