The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Any woods riders here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91talonts1

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 29, 2008
Spencer, North_Carolina
Just curious if anybody else here rides single track or hard enduro type riding. Maybe some in the southeast? I travel all over to ride the good stuff.

Just recently upgraded to a 2020 300 RR. Big adjustment coming off a CRF450 but I'm loving it. I've got about 12 hours on it so far. Half fast open stuff, half slow nasty single track and no complaints.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You ever make it out to West with your bike let me know. We got some pretty wicked single track up here in Norcal. Hard on stuff though. Your bike might be too pretty for it haha. Would love to have a Beta thing is sweet!

You ever make it out to West with your bike let me know. We got some pretty wicked single track up here in Norcal. Hard on stuff though. Your bike might be too pretty for it haha. Would love to have a Beta thing is sweet!

Thanks! I'd love to try some west coast stuff, need to plan a vacation out there. I hear how fun it is all the time. She's pretty but I ain't scared to send it, already ghosted it up a rock face once LOL. I've already scratched the plastics up good, but that p-tech plate has been doing it's job.

Two strokes will always be better than four strokes for dirt bikes, simple as that, twice the power for the same displacement, simple to build, simple and cheap to work on and maintain and respond to mods like crazy, you can get 10hp on certain engines with a simple pipe swap, vs zero horsepower and more noise on a four stroke, also they weigh less, are more flickable if you jump them and smell good, sound good and vibrate good.

I have both and I've switched between 4t and 2ts as a main bike a few times. The Beta is much better suited for the type of riding I do than the MX based smokers I'm used to. I enjoy it more than any bike I've owned before of either variety.

All good points but 4 strokes have a few upsides too. No mixing gas which is a pain sometimes, the Beta has oil injection not sure how long I'll leave that on there though. Most brands have come a good way with power output over the years. My 450 is coming up on 280 hours and never had more than the valve cover off for a valve adjustment. More costly and complicated to rebuild but they go a lot longer if you keep up with simple maintenance. I sometimes like the added weight of the 4t or a heavier bike in general over certain terrain, it can feel more planted.
I too enjoy the smell and feel of the smokers but on those long rides I don't like to be behind one. Breathing it in for hours at a time leaves me with a headache. And those vibrations can leave your palms and soles begging for mercy after a 3 day ride. The 2020 Betas are now counterbalanced so that helps some.

Last edited:
The KTM's are counterbalanced now too, the power is much easier to deal with and less explosive on the woods bikes with the heavier flywheels and counterbalancing!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back