The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Any VCI alternatives for tuning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ventus2geclipse

Probationary Member
Sep 28, 2021
Port St. Lucie, Florida
So I want to start off with asking, do Mini VCI cables work on a 2g DSM? I’m getting into tuning and learned some basics but the whole software thing has me a bit confused.

What would be cheap but work on communicating with a 95 Eclipse GSX ECU if I have the proper MUTIII or other mitsu tuning software? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure it would do anything more than read fault codes, if at all.

The 95-97 DSM ECUs are largely masked programmed, some of the 95 ECUs have an EPROM with their software in it. DSMLink is the typical choice for tuning with those. The 98/99 ECUs are flash based and can be programmed with a Mitsubishi specific ECUFlash program and it's unlikely VCI works with it since it seems to be Toyota specific.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back