The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Any true DSM'ers still out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90gst_sean

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 9, 2006
Seattle, Washington
Not to sound so offensive, but, things just don't seem the same anymore.

I swear I remember a time when DSM'ers could go out of their way for one another and not get screwed over -- lend out tools; lend out extra parts. Members who were egger to offer their hard earned knowledge, egger to help a fellow DSM'er; even bend over back wards because you shared the same love for the DSM hobby.

The last time I lent out a tool (an old Palm Data Logger, that I spent hours building a custom cable for that I was rather proud of) I never heard from the kid again.

I met this guy here on Tuners after he asked for some help -- I waited almost two hours in a McD's parking lot to meet-up with this complete stranger and never got my logger back. I only got one response from the guy to tell me that he couldn't get the logger to work --I guess that's all the justification one needs anymore for a complete lack of respect. IDK.

Come to think about it I lost my Timing Belt tensioning rod/screw to someone else about that same time. I forgot about that until now. That was over 2 years ago.

What's up with people? I used to think DSM'ers were different somehow. Don't ask me why, but I'm sure some of you have thought that, too, at some point.

Are there any true DSM'ers out there? Trustworthy, "real" people anymore? Someone that mite have the better part of a GSX just sitting in their back yards and the personal knowledge of every single nut and bolt found on a GSX chasis... ?

Just wondering

At one point I had 14 awd dsm's in my backyard. They dont call me thedsmguy for nothing.. I'm in Vancouver Wa so hanging out might be tough but I'd lend you any tool you need.

I blame the economy for one. Stuff has changed yes over the years, nothing is ever what it use to be, but there are still nice people out there. Keep your hopes up its people motivated like you to keep dreams alive.

Everyone is going for style nowadays. Hella flush looks smh.

Yea, I've been able to find parts from guys that are getting out of the dsm game. And then the occasional dsm nut. Never had to ask to borrow a tool because I'd rather make/buy/rent my own. I work on aircraft and that is a lesson learned is to never borrow a tool from someone no matter the intentions.

But as for knowledge. When I meet a fellow dsm'er I always offer my help in future but never get taken up on the offer. Oh well.

I've noticed though that there are alot less fewer small engine performance cars out there or older ones for the matter. People would rather buy the $40,000+ new cars. I'm much happier paying the $900 to purchase mine then spend the $39,100 difference on modding it.

But I'm up in Everett if you ever need a hand with something feel free to send an email or PM me.

The Scion community is like how the DSM community used to be, we have weekly coffee meets, monthly events and constant mod parties. I feel like a lone wolf in the DSM community, I've never met another DSMer except for a recent event I went to and that was only a couple minutes talk LOL oh and when making parts deals on CL:p

The Scion community is like how the DSM community used to be, we have weekly coffee meets, monthly events and constant mod parties. I feel like a lone wolf in the DSM community, I've never met another DSMer except for a recent event I went to and that was only a couple minutes talk LOL oh and when making parts deals on CL:p

i have another DSM nut that lives 5 minutes from me with a 1g talon, we shoot the dsm shit often :cool:

Aggreed man. I have one true DSM friend that I would try to do anything for and I haven't been in long but it's like my brother. Like I wanted to buy a turbo and went on CL. Got his number and now it's almost everyday we hangout Goto the yard (junkyard) or Goto a event. No one else in America have ever did this. About 90% of DSMers I got in my city would steal from me, lots a lot of tools and parts (dlink3 full) and ecus and tools... And did I say tools. Ok I'll stop you get the point but really WTF guys lets become a family again please. Where we can trust each other and just become a real community again. Not just a website.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back