The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Any surveillance people?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbull419

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 31, 2004
port clinton, Ohio
So I think my little bro has been cruzing my car around while im out of town.
Im not sure yet.The odometer doesnt work.
So i wanna put a little camera and recorder in my car with a motion detector so it only records when somebody is in the car.
Any body have any ideas where I can get one for a decent price?
I have searched but only found like $500 dollar systems.
I know you can get them for like 150 or 200 bucks.Cause my dad bought one when i was younger.He thought I was stealing his beer while he was sleeping.Turned out he was sleep drinkingROFL .I think that was the funiest thing I have ever seen.
Can I just buy the camera and motion detector and hook it up to a regular vcr?Will It only record when somebody is in the car?

Thanks

Eh...just mount the camera somewhere outside your car, where you can see him getting in it..like on your house or something. A camera inside, I'd imagine would be a lot more expensive since you'd have to get a tiny 'spy' camera. Just get something like http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5231146

Or leave a note on your seat that says 'I know what you've been doing, [his name here]. Then whoop his ass when he looks guilty.

Although I'm sure there's easier ways to catch him rather than spending 100 bucks...

Well my seat keeps gettin moved.
I dont know if hes driving it or sitting in it to"refresh his mind" because my mom would kick his a$$ if he did it in the house.
I park it at her house when I leave town It safer there Theres people there with "home defense tools" if you know what im saying.
I think I might actually have a little spy camera somewhere.
I just want a motion detector.Can I buy just the motion detector somewhere?

Well my seat keeps gettin moved.
I dont know if hes driving it or sitting in it to"refresh his mind" because my mom would kick his a$$ if he did it in the house.
I park it at her house when I leave town It safer there Theres people there with "home defense tools" if you know what im saying.
I think I might actually have a little spy camera somewhere.
I just want a motion detector.Can I buy just the motion detector somewhere?

Well hell motion detectors are all around you...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

LOL i hope this doesn't mean what I think it does OMG ROFL

Why do you need a camera?

Just have something so he can't start your car - tap in to the clutch switch and install a small hide away switch somewhere that you need to turn on before you can start your car (assuming you have a 5 speed). Unless he knows the location of that switch, he will not be able to start your car or take your ignition fuse with you when you got out of town.

Just slide under the car and slap a pice of duct tape around the front axel and attach it to somthing under the car. If the wheels turn it will pull the tape off the car and you will know the car has been driven.

Just lock the doors and don't leave the keys at your mom's.

Ever hear of telltales?

Like, a hair placed over a closed drawer?

I'd use a piece of clear scotch tape on the bottom part of the door. Even a paranoid isn't going to look for that. If it's torn or otherwise messed up, you know someone has been in your car. Very cheap and effective. Especially compared to a camera which is otherwise easy to notice.

Cobrasatellite has the right idea, but this will let you know if anyone has even BEEN in your vehicle.

Oh, and tell him (from one 'fellow' to another) to go for a walk if that's why he wants in your car. :cool:

I'm assuming you don't live at your mom's then....

I did have this sweet software called ActiveWebcam that actually does the motion sensing straight through the webcam and starts recording to your PC. It can be a little wierd because it'll record the entirety of sunrise and sunset, but still pretty cool.

I used to have an a-hole roomie who would throw these lame a$$ parties when i wasnt home, so I set that ish up in my room and caught his sister bangin some other dude LOL.:sneaky:

disconnect your brake lines while you're gone.. then you'll know for sure

ROFL!!! You just reminded me why i love this site & the ppl on it :D

Pity it's a 91, or you could cross-wire the airbag and then look for a broken nose.

You big softie. I propose replacing the air bag with a Claymore.

Where is the Guy that I love? :(

You big softie. I propose replacing the air bag with a Claymore.

Where is the Guy that I love? :(

Now that is a good idea LOL

the clear tape works really well also.

The air bag thing would be funny.
I have to leave the keys there incase my mom needs to move it for something.

Pardon while I re-post some of my earlier counseling:

1.) Get a piece of 3/8" plywood, 18" square.

2.) Buy some attractive upholstery material that co-ordinates nicely with your interior. Avoid flowery material.

3.) Get some foam rubber, 1½" thick, also 18" square.

4.) With contact cement, attach the foam to the plywood. Make sure all the edges of the plywood are nicely sanded and smooth, so that the foam and the upholstery material will have a good, finished appearance when you're done.

5.) With the foam attached, and on a clean surface, turn the assembly over onto the foam so that the wooden bottom is facing you. Using scrap wood, support the edges of the piece so that the foam is held off the work surface by about ¼".

6.) With a power driver, run approximately 100 motherfu(king drywall screws, 1¼" long, through the backing and into the foam.

7.) Using a tuck-and-bead method, upholster the cushion. It's nice to finish both sides, or do an attractive stain job on the back. You may want to embellish with an appropriate DSM design.

8.) When leaving your car, place the cushion on the driver's seat. Be sure to remove it before sitting again, or when leaving the car with a mechanic (that you like) or a valet.

You now have an attractive, self-powered theft deterrant, complete with its own audible alarm (depending on the thief's singing abilities) and DNA sampler.

---

Also, disable the airbag system, re-wire the rocket propellant to the alarm, remove the bag and replace with dimes, broken Coke bottle glass, razor blades, sheet metal screws and rat feces. Surprise!

---

I also like wiring the alarm system through a couple of those godawful mazillion-decebel piezo alarms mounted in the headrests. The cops will know they've found the right suspect when after they ask him where he was last night, he says, "Sorry, what was that? Could you speak up?"

---

And here's the plans for the magnetic-switched starter circuit:

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0059&P=1

It's okay to post, because selecting where the magnet (or few, if you've already had a car stolen) mounts is limitless.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back