The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Any Marine Officers on here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok well im going to tell you the stereo type. Officers dont work they are paper pushers, enlisted are the ones doing all the work in the fox hole. not always true if you join it all depends on your unit and the type of person you are you can talk to everyone but every person and every unit is different the military is a love/hate just like a dsm just my 2 cents

Ok well im going to tell you the stereo type. Officers dont work they are paper pushers, enlisted are the ones doing all the work in the fox hole. not always true if you join it all depends on your unit and the type of person you are you can talk to everyone but every person and every unit is different the military is a love/hate just like a dsm just my 2 cents

Thanks. What do you do for the military?

I thi k you are looking the the wrong place then for your information. Why not try and find your local base and se an appt with someone to talk that isnt a recruiter.

Remember dude, you are posting online about a subject, not everyone is going to giv an answer you want.

Well, obviously.

Last edited:
Your raking it in AND you dont have to do anything.. I think Im in hate with you:D

LOL. Sad but true. I hate being acquisitions though. I am going to apply to TPS (test pilot school) when I pin on Capt, if I don't get in I am going get out.

Hey I don't know much about officer I no alot about enlisted. I myself enlisted a year ago thinking it's really what I wanted to and marines arethe best blah blah. I thought all marines were made into "men" nmh experience with some marines not all don't wanna offend anyone just my expierenxe. They think there better then everyone. You don't mean nothing to them like someone said just another one risking there live.

They lie lie and lie some more just to get u in my .2 but yes u can choose ## mos(job) they usually give u 3 choices and u should get one of those.

Well, I'm an officer in the Navy so my experience really isn't spot on for the Marines but we do share a lot of things when it comes to the way things are done.

When it comes to jobs I'm a nuclear officer, that's what I picked and as long as I am qualified to do it that is what I am doing (highly technical field so moving my job doesn't make any sense). I have seen people that got hurt and are no longer able to be physically qualified get assigned jobs in admin and recruiting but only because they can no longer be on a ship.

If you choose to join the military as an officer then good for you. It is a lot of work but so far for me it has been worth it.

Well, I'm an officer in the Navy so my experience really isn't spot on for the Marines but we do share a lot of things when it comes to the way things are done.

When it comes to jobs I'm a nuclear officer, that's what I picked and as long as I am qualified to do it that is what I am doing (highly technical field so moving my job doesn't make any sense). I have seen people that got hurt and are no longer able to be physically qualified get assigned jobs in admin and recruiting but only because they can no longer be on a ship.

If you choose to join the military as an officer then good for you. It is a lot of work but so far for me it has been worth it.

Thanks, definitely more of a response I was looking for.

Oh, question for ya, does your degree help you get into the job you want? Does your degree effect what job you get assigned?
I'm currently looking at a Mech Eng degree.

Last edited:
Well that was one good response in a thread full of bad ones.

Seems to me like you aren't looking for all opinions,your looking for positive responses to reassure yourself that your making the right decision.When in fact,nearly every response in this thread has been negative.I can't see signing my life away to anyone,but hey that's me

In my case my degree helped immensely, I have a Mechanical Engineering degree and to be in the nuclear field a technical degree is very helpful. We do have people with other degrees but they had to also take all the calculus and physics that would be required for an engineering degree.

Seems to me like you aren't looking for all opinions,your looking for positive responses to reassure yourself that your making the right decision.When in fact,nearly every response in this thread has been negative.I can't see signing my life away to anyone,but hey that's me

So what? Maybe its just that I was tired of reading how people are disappointed with what the military has offered them. It's not like I didn't take their response into account, but seeing a positive response from an actual officer is a little more helpful. And those people didn't specifically respond to much of my questions. I also do have contact with a Marine who is ranked a Corporal and he's going to get me in touch with a couple officers.

In my case my degree helped immensely, I have a Mechanical Engineering degree and to be in the nuclear field a technical degree is very helpful. We do have people with other degrees but they had to also take all the calculus and physics that would be required for an engineering degree.

Ok, thank you. I'll have to PM you if I have a question regarding officers in general.

So what? Maybe its just that I was tired of reading how people are disappointed with what the military has offered them.
Well you wouldnt buy a product with only 10% positive reviews. If the great majority is disappointed in the military, then the odds are that you will be too. Dont ask a question unless you want both sides. If you want positive reinforcement then it sounds like the recruiter might be for you. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
So what? Maybe its just that I was tired of reading how people are disappointed with what the military has offered them.
Well you wouldnt buy a product with only 10% positive reviews. If the great majority is disappointed in the military, then the odds are that you will be too. Dont ask a question unless you want both sides. If you want positive reinforcement then it sounds like the recruiter might be for you. :thumb:

Seriously? I'm going to one of the best schools in the country and I wouldn't drop out to enlist. And 4 people said their experience is not what was expected. 4 people is not enough to represent that statistic, especially since 1 is only enlisted in the Marine Corps.

Military... it's what you make of it, which goes for all branches.

I'm in the navy; I deal with marines on a daily basis. I actually teach a specific MOS/rate to the enlisted marines and navy.

While i can't answer your specific questions about being a marine officer, i do offer a piece of advice....

I would broaden your horizons on which service you go into, and the only reason i say this is because each one offers different things depending on what you want is what you will choose.

It has been my experience that the marines don't choose the jobs, initially... i have a lot of students that make that point often.

In the navy, as long as you are qualified you are able to pick a job that matches those qualifications AND is available.

I'm not trying to sell you on going to the navy, but just wanted to provide information. I am enlisted, but my job requirements have me dealing with officers a lot and know the right resources to provide information to enlisted personnel wanting to go officer.

Last question, what do you want to do for your job in the military?

I should have gone officer because of pay difference, but i love doing what i do as a NON-Commisioned Officer in the US ARMY, i can live with it, and i get to yell at retarded soldiers all the time for doing stupid things like burn-outs in the barracks parking lot while there is a barracks inspection, or throwing your weapon on the ground because you think its a banana. (i really hate yelling at these kids LOL)

That's a good question. I haven't had my meeting with my OSO yet. Just browsing on the Marine Officer website, I'm interested in:
Aviation Command & Control Officer
Armor or Artillery Officer
Combat Engineer
Ground Supply Officer
Intel Officer
or any Air Positions.

Seriously? I'm going to one of the best schools in the country and I wouldn't drop out to enlist. And 4 people said their experience is not what was expected. 4 people is not enough to represent that statistic, especially since 1 is only enlisted in the Marine Corps.

I wasnt sayin you were. It just seemed like you were dsmissing all the bad reviews beause of one good one. Ive thought about doing the same thing after i finished my chemical engineering degree. :hellyeah:

I dont know why an officer of any sort would own a DSM. They make 3k a month starting. My platoon leader has a Nismo Edition 370z. And he's been in the army for like 2 months.

And Ill be the first to tell you that the military isnt all its cracked up to be.

Spoken like someone that gets shit on, on a daily basis. With rank comes more responsibiility. With more responsibility comes more respect. Stay in and keep your head up, bro. It'll get better as long as you don't let it mentally break you down. Be strong......Army Strong, LOL.

Justin Cann
Sgt/USMC

and yes, I loved my job and wish I was still in.

Military... it's what you make of it, which goes for all branches.

I’m in the navy; I deal with marines on a daily basis. I actually teach a specific MOS/rate to the enlisted marines and navy.

While i can't answer your specific questions about being a marine officer, i do offer a piece of advice....

I would broaden your horizons on which service you go into, and the only reason i say this is because each one offers different things depending on what you want is what you will choose.

It has been my experience that the marines don't choose the jobs, initially... i have a lot of students that make that point often.

In the navy, as long as you are qualified you are able to pick a job that matches those qualifications AND is available.

I’m not trying to sell you on going to the navy, but just wanted to provide information. I am enlisted, but my job requirements have me dealing with officers a lot and know the right resources to provide information to enlisted personnel wanting to go officer.

8 years in the Corps and I never once met a Marine that didn't choose his job before he entered Recruit Training......or boot camp as some call it. Now the navy on the other hand, lets talk about ships company.....hahaha! Talk about a snowjob!

Well that was one good response in a thread full of bad ones.
So basically your were just looking for positive answers. Thats stupid.
Spoken like someone that gets shit on, on a daily basis. With rank comes more responsibiility. With more responsibility comes more respect. Stay in and keep your head up, bro. It'll get better as long as you don't let it mentally break you down. Be strong......Army Strong, LOL.

Justin Cann
Sgt/USMC

and you are 100% correct. Thats why Im going to Warrant Officer school to finish out my contract. Being enlisted sucks balls. Especially with DICK officers.

This is a thread that I was going to start...

but now looking at what marines get paid isnt much at all...

Ive always wanted to join the marines since I was young watching and growing up in the late 80s - early 90s...

Im Canadian, our army isnt as cool as America..

I have cousins in the US he served in the USarmy for 3yrs I think it was before 911 hit..

recently axed how much it was for a 1 1/2 yr deployment they only got 60k..

Canadian Reserve pays 80k for a 6mth tour... kinda sucks that you guys put your life on the line first.. and get paid way less...

Ive always wanted to join the marines since I was young watching and growing up in the late 80s - early 90s...

I have cousins in the US he served in the USarmy for 3yrs I think it was before 911 hit..

Canadian Reserve pays 80k for a 6mth tour... kinda sucks that you guys put your life on the line first.. and get paid way less...

Well I could care less about the benefits. If they wanna pay for my school, all power to them. But I want to join to protect my country, family and friends.

If you have already made your decision then why ask questions, just sign up and gO through with it. It's as simPle as that.

Hilarious! Marines get paid the same as every other US Service, depending on rank, not what service you join. Most don't join for the money anyway. They join to be part of an elite organization. Your information is junk..........you AXED your army friend what he got paid for 18 months and he told you 60K? Go AXE him about all the benefits he recieved like free food, housing, medical, dental, and a GI BILL that pays for college when he got out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back