The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

eBay Clutches [Merged 6-1] clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92GSXman

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 12, 2003
Wilson, North_Carolina
I was checking this out tonight. Is it the same as an ACT 2100? It says 30% more holding power than stock and it's like $275. It also says it is for turbo dsm's.

alright, im goin to buy this stock clutch from this guy off ebay, he says it has a guarantee on it if it doesnt fit and it will be refunded, but i dont trust ebay with refunds, its for a $140 compared to $400 at the dealer. he says its a [flywheel attached kit manufactured by SACHS (Made in Germany)], I dont want to buy this clutch and then they say it dont fit and have to go threw a hassle to get my refund. What should i do guys or do you know where i can get a stock clutch for a decent price. thanx.

99 Eclipse GS

Attachments

• clutch.jpg
    clutch.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 710
Go to Pep Jerks, OReilly's, or AutoZone or somewhere if you're just lookin for a stock clutch... they'll be WAY cheaper than going to Satan. And gettin a refund is easy there just walk in and looked all pissed off and "voila"! instant refund.

go to partznet.com and remember this sight, its saintain at a portion of the price:thumb:

XxrusianxX said:
So the time has come, the clutch is slipping and it is time for a new one. I saw a bunch on ebay for about $100. I am a little skeptical. Has anybody used one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ECLI...33730QQitemZ8012487928QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

That guy makes some good clutches. I have the 6 puck setup, and i like it better than my centerforce and act. I would reccomend spending the extra 70 bucks or so for the spring puck clutch. They are awsome. They are far superior to the act and centerforce puck clutches because they have the springs on the disk (smoother engagement)

I have one of his clutches in my crx with a b16 and love it. When it is time for my gst to get it new clutch I am getting one from him.

Great holding power...smooth engagement, but don't buy their flywheels....they're crap, and r actually 2mm oversized.

2mm oversized thickness or diameter? With that much of an oversize, wouldn’t you either have disengagement issues or starter to flywheel interference if the 2mm is in the diameter?

I just finished installing the XTD Chromolly 11lb flywheel along with their sprung hub 6 puck stage 3 disk and PP. I just finished putting 575 mile n it and have not had any issues other then the humming noise from the light flywheel when letting off the gas above 2000 rpm.

I still have not really gotten on it but soon will;)

i have an ebay clutch for my n/t, 6 puck sprung... i like the grab and feel even tho im still basically stock, but im still satisfied...

but, i have a question.. since my car has a "modular clutch" with the pp, clutch disc, and flywheel rivetted to each other, i was wondering if someone makes aftermarket flys for the n/t so i can go a different way next clutch job??

:dsm:

Yeah, the flywheel was eating up the starters pretty good...i recently took it off and sent it back...they replaced it, and now its fine....guess i got a defect.

ok here are my choices i can get a fidanza flywheel and a exedy oem clutch together for 283 or i can get a exedy stage 3 clutch and some unkown brand flywheel for 350. Also the clutch is a 6 puck what are the pros and cons of the 6 puck over the street.

Not sure why, but I bought one of those street disc XTD clutchs off ebay and it sucks. I then bought one of those XTD stage 3 6-puck clutched with the 8lb flywheel and so far its been holding up very well. No complaints after 5000 miles and for the price, cants complain either. But if you are really serious about moding your car and you want something really good, go with either the ACT's or my favorite, SBR.

You can get a good deal on eBay if you play your cars right. I just got a brand new ACT2100 street disc complete kit for $232. I wouldn't trust a generic clutch, it's a lot of work to fix one if something goes wrong.

Ok here is my choices. I gotta find a clutch to install on my 97 GST (mods in profile) to mate with my new transmission I am going to be getting in the next month. My tranny is about to explode and I figure this would be a good time to do it and just throw it all on my credit card until financial aid comes in LOL.

My car is my daily driver so I am pretty sure I want the full face disc on any setup that I go on because of the chatter problems and driveability in the city of a 6puck disc.

Most will say that the act 2100 is the recommended choice but I'm on a budget and need a clutch replacement quick and cheaper so it may not be my best choice right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ECLI...ryZ33730QQihZ001QQitemZ110005162410QQtcZphoto this clutch has the 2100 pressure plate but I will go with the street disc. Anyone have any experience with this clutch?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-R...5QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33730QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem this clutch only has a 1800lb pressure rating from what the company says and the stage 2 kit is the same just with a street full face disc. Anyone have experiences with this and how much power will this hold over a stock clutch? I couldn't find the stock clutch pressure rating through searching.

What is the full difference in feel of a 6puck and street disc setup? If it isn't too much of a difference then I may go for it. I will also be installing a LSD insert into the tranny before I install it so will that make a difference in the feel of the clutch?

I have the disk (6 puck sprung) from the first kit and the flywheel that the second company sells, but I run a clutchmaster FX500 pressure plate (for the heavier force). I like the setup very much... I have been running the setup for about 8K miles, the disk engages nice, and holds power well. Before this, I had a ACT2600 w/ street disk and stock flywheel. I went thru that clutch in 12k and wasn't very impressed with it at all (it felt too much like stock, and didn't seem to hold power well off the line). I was running a big16g w/ the ACT2600 then, and now I run a 60-1.

just wondering if anyone knows anything about this manufacturer? i orderd the kit already since i am in desperate need of a clutch since mine started slipping drastically the day after i spent most of my money on other mods. (murphys law) i called the company and after i explained my situation they basically gave the thing to me on the condition that i tell everyone i know with a dsm how well they did me and what i think of the clutch. its not a beast but if the specs are real then it will work fine untill i get everything upgraded and get a 2600.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330059379023&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1

just wondering if anyone knows anything about this manufacturer? i orderd the kit already since i am in desperate need of a clutch since mine started slipping drastically the day after i spent most of my money on other mods. (murphys law) i called the company and after i explained my situation they basically gave the thing to me on the condition that i tell everyone i know with a dsm how well they did me and what i think of the clutch. its not a beast but if the specs are real then it will work fine untill i get everything upgraded and get a 2600.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330059379023&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1

Yeah dude, get it for your dodge talon.

90-98 DODGE TALON 2.0L TURBO 2WD & 4WD.
^ classic. Not to mention the fact apparently Eclipse's didnt come in a "4wd" model.

You could of drove easy on the left foot for a while longer an saved your clutch while yuo saved enough money to buy a good one. A clutch is kind of a bad place to skimp on, it'll let you know immediatley.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back