The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Any local dsm guys want to give me a hand

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baggedmazda

Probationary Member
Jan 21, 2009
lincoln, Nebraska
hello local dsm people i have decided to take my dsm project off the back burner it has been sitting on for the last couple years and try to get this turd running for this summer.

here is where your gracious help comes in :pray::pray::pray:

basically i bought it not running and no clue why. It turned over fine and had little rust so i was in for buying it. So after many Saturdays messing with it checking ecu and other normal things i got a hold of a compression checker and found all the cylinders at 50 psi or less so i think timing jumped at some point. I tracked down a good head and have got as far as breaking the old head loose but not fully removing it.

i bought all my timing components this week but timing this thing sketches me out because it has to be dead on.

if anyone wants to come lend me a hand timing it i will be offering free lunch at are usual spot(twin peaks) free beer and my own peach pie moonshine to quench your mouth (if legal age). Our shop is right off the interstate at the Gretna exit

A month late here.. Since no one chimed in I wanted to show support, but not sure how much I can give. I've done quite a few things with DSMs, but I can't say I've ever done that before. I've read the Haynes manual on it though and it didn't seem so bad. Get the cam gears aligned correctly and then adjust the cam sensor using a datalogger.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back