The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

420A Any intake manifold swaps fit the 420a?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm not sure if the ports or bolt patterns align, but the engines in those cars are reversed compared to the engines in the 420A DSM's (i.e. their intakes are in the front, instead of the back). The shape of the manifolds is completely different--they wouldn't physically fit.

The ports of the SRT manifold kinda line up on the Neon 2.0, but the bolt pattern is totally different, and can't be adapted. Not sure this applies to the 420A, though.

No reason to swap manifolds..... The OEM is plenty, unless you're trying to make north of 600hp.
Unless of course you're just trying to "doll up" the engine bay.

No reason to swap manifolds..... The OEM is plenty, unless you're trying to make north of 600hp.
Unless of course you're just trying to "doll up" the engine bay.
hey. i bought a 420a powered drag car around a year ago that makes 707whp at 34.5 psi on a big precision 78mm turbo. it has an old school rt Ernie manifold. the manifold has a cast water neck and the boltholes have cracked. its hard to keep the thermostat sealed now. trying to determine if i should just have the rt ernie repaired at my local close tolerance machine shop(live near Kirkland afb) or if there is another manifold you would recommend.

hey. i bought a 420a powered drag car around a year ago that makes 707whp at 34.5 psi on a big precision 78mm turbo. it has an old school rt Ernie manifold. the manifold has a cast water neck and the boltholes have cracked. its hard to keep the thermostat sealed now. trying to determine if i should just have the rt ernie repaired at my local close tolerance machine shop(live near Kirkland afb) or if there is another manifold you would recommend.
You're gonna have to post some pics of this manifold. I personally have never heard of one before. I fabricated my own mani using a tubular cast SS universal DIY kit from Treadstone performance.

RT Ernie manifolds are basically as good as it gets for the 420A. Do what you can to repair it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

l
This is the manifold i built using Treadstone Performance's DIY kit....... Also if youre looking for a quality intake mani, look up Mike Frye a.k.a. All Motor Mike. I dont believe he's on this forum. He's originally a Neon guy. Facebook is where you can find him for sure.

Guys, he's talking about the intake manifold, not the exhaust.
R/T Ernie and AllMotorMike made some of the best manifolds for the 420A/Neon platform, I don't think they do it anymore. They aren't easy to find, so it's worth saving one if it needs repair.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back