The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

any ideas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnoochyBoochy

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 18, 2010
Puyallup, Washington
DSM has been broke down for almost 2 months now. It has been having random cylinder misfire and running like crap. I have been replacing things left and right. I found out that two wires were not giving spark to the plugs so I got new wires and it didn't fix it. The two wires went to the same coil so I replaced that as well and still the same issue. Could my ECUbe messed up and not telling the coil toput out spark to the plugs? Any ideas will help

The code just says random cylinder misfire. I recently replaced the IAC valve, fuel pressure regulator, coolant temp sensor, plugs, wires, and coil. One second it runs fine then next no spark

Check the junk highlited in green if cylinders 1+4 are giving you issues, and the junk highlighted in yellow for 2+3. Keep in mind that the PT or the ECU could be culprits. You could test them if you have equipment and know how.

If it's 1 and 4, I personally would go straight to that "engine speed detection connector" and look for an open.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Try a known good ignitor as well. Its the smaller thing that plugs in under your coil pack. That or a Ecu I'd assume.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back