The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Any good DSM mechanics in the bay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToastyOne

Probationary Member
Feb 4, 2020
San Jose, California
Just trying to find a mechanic I can rely on taking my 2g to as I no longer have a place to work on it myself.

There’s no shortage in shops but I’m specifically looking for someone who specializes or knows their way around the dsm.

Just trying to find a mechanic I can rely on taking my 2g to as I no longer have a place to work on it myself.

There’s no shortage in shops but I’m specifically looking for someone who specializes or knows their way around the dsm.
Gonna be difficult, since these cars are becoming more rare. DSM owners are also largely considered "problem customers" since we are known to be cheap - at least that's what the shop owners I've talked to have said over the years. The cars are usually beat to hell and require a lot of extra work that the owner doesn't really want to pay for.

@josh408 - any recommendations, or any other members you can tag that might have some?

Gonna be difficult, since these cars are becoming more rare. DSM owners are also largely considered "problem customers" since we are known to be cheap - at least that's what the shop owners I've talked to have said over the years. The cars are usually beat to hell and require a lot of extra work that the owner doesn't really want to pay for.

@josh408 - any recommendations, or any other members you can tag that might have some?

ooooooof +1 on being a cheap dsm owner

Ted is the man, he is located in San José, very knowledgeable and easy to work with about prices.

He is currently rebuilding my 2.4 long road block and will tune it for me.
Excuse my ignorance if I should know who this is but, who is Ted LOL.

TedSpec would be the place for sure and it looks like that would be right in your backyard (San Jose). He is @turbodsm90 on here and @tedspec on Instagram. If you'd like to get a hold on him

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back