The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Any funny pulled over stories?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eboy0

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 8, 2006
Chicago, Illinois
Was just answering a thread about if something was legal, and thought to myself, I'd be interesting hearing some of the cop stories out there, please share your experiences.:dsm:

well i dont really have any funny stories but i do have some funny things happen afterward for example the first time i got pulled over ever was by a state trooper and since i know some people that might be able to help me out either by getting the ticket removed or by lowering the cost i started talking to friends about it but no luck until i mentioned it to a friend from school who happened to be a cop well then he asks me who the officer who gave the ticket was and i tell him and we end up finding out that they are good friends and he told me he would talk to the guy so that we can get something fixed but then i find out that on that weekend he got shot when he went out on a call (he came out ok but he got shot with a 45 in the leg) and so he was not able to get anything done so in the end i had to pay the full amount but ehh its all good i guess as long as he is ok

One night way back when I was 17 I was driving with my brother and we got into an argument so he jumps out of the car and starts walking away up a one-way street :confused: soooooo since it was about 2 in the morning and not in so good of a neighborhood I decided to follow him in my car because he was upset and kind of drunk too so I catch up with him about a 1/2 block down and I pulled to the curb as if parked but facing the wrong way and we proceeded to hash things out and I was mostly trying to convince him to not be a Jackass and get back in the car. Well, wouldn't you know it here comes the police driving down the street -- always there when you don't need them LOL -- so they stop and want to know WTH was going on and being unable to provide a good excuse they give me a ticket for driving the wrong way on a 1-way street... they actually hadn't seen me drive down it the wrong way but I was parked facing the wrong way and my headlights and engine were on too... in retrospect I should've told them I had just given another car a jumpstart thus the facing the wrong way bu i didn't ...so I get the ticket and the cop tells me to leave so I ask him "Should I turn around or back up to the end of the block" and he says "YOU FIGURE IT OUT!" so I'm like :confused: and decided to back up to the end of the street which I did and I get about half way down the block on a new street and the cop puts the overheads on so I'm like WTH and I could hear him and his partner giggling :confused: in the patrol car and I find out why when he comes back and hands m a 2nd ticket for :mad: BACKING UP ON A ONE-WAY STREET :mad: So I plead NOT GUILTY on that one and take it to court.

A few weeks later I show up in court with 3 of my buddies -- all of us long-haired headbangers dressed in jeans and t-shirts :thumb: and we park ourselves in the 1st row of the packed courthouse
and I wait my turn. Finally the judge calls us and me and the cop are up there arguing and such and then the woman judge unexspectedly turns to him and proceeds to lay a verbal tirade on him for like 2-minutes straight saying "This is the 5th time this month you're in here defending frivolous tickets that shouldn't of been written... what are you thinking?!... If I see you in here again for writing bogus tickets your ass is mine... BTW who is your commanding officer?!.... and the cops going HUM-A-NA-HUM-A-NA-HUM-A-NA (aka Ralph Cranden) and all the spectators are shit-grinning and loving it and when she was finally done admonishing him she turns to me and dismisses the ticket :)

I was driving home one night on my way back from taco bell. I drove past a house and saw an officer exiting the house and get in his car. He then pulls away and starts following me, and then finally pulls me over about a block away. I was thinking, "well I know I wasn't speeding, so I must have a burned out tail light or somthing" Then the cop comes to the car and says "the reason I pulled you over is because you looked suspicious" I looked at him with the W T F? look on my face. The cop then asks me step out of the car and begins interegate me, then tells me to go back to my car. Next he has my friend get out of the car and he interegates him. Finally my friend comes back to the car and the cop tells me to go straight home. He sounded pissed off, not sure why, as we weren't doing anything illegal. My guess is he was pissed because our stories were the same and he couldn't get us for anything...

Oh well. I didn't give a shit because I didn't get a ticket.

Also, my buddy and I got pulled over 12 times within 2 weeks for walking through town (small town btw). About 8 of the times it was by the same officer. And everytime they asked for our I.Ds (as if they didn't know us by name yet). And about 6 of the 12 times the officer had back up with him. Not once were we doing anything illegal. We were just two 18 year olds walking through town and night.

I think in my town, the police have a different slogan then the rest. Rather than protect and serve, their slogan is protect and harras...

I have the basic pulled over by a cop story, so its not worth telling. Except for as soon as I get pulled over the cop comes to my window, asks me why i was speeding, and then he was like, "Is it because you have a fast car?" WTF

well heres the funniest I have, happened about 2-3 months ago, I was in a really preppy white area, I"m black by the way, and driving my eclipse from a friends house I pull out and make it about a block away, doing the speed limit and everything wasn't doing anything illegal even stopped all the way at the stop sign that I passed, well the cop just turned around and then I notice another cop car behind him, I stop turn the car off put out my cig in the ash tray and notice ones coming up with a flash light on the pass and another on the drivers side roll the window down and notice for some reason they have there handset on there guns, well I look up to see the bright light and the cop says OF SH***TTT I THOUGHT YOU WERE WHITE............ AND THEN JUST WALKS BACK TO HIS CAR. AND TAKES OFF. and I sit there in just amaze ment cause the cops white. and prob like 5 mins later another cop pulls me over and I'm like oh great not again same stupid cop but it's another one and he says you know why I pulled you over and I couldn't help but say cause I'm white and then he looks and just starts laughing.......

Dude I hope the second one let you go for making him laugh.

I was going to the in-laws for some holiday and the rout is through Huntsville which is the prison capitol of Texas. They had started some construction since the last trip and we got lost. We ended up driving around Huntsville several times getting screwed up directions on how to get back on course all the while we passed this same cop 3-4 times. On the last time by he decides to pull us over and see "what's up". We go through the story and he asked me to "step out of the car". Then he proceeds to ask me "if there's anything in the car he should know about?". Of course I said "no". He said he smelled weed on my person and asked if he could search the car. Since I had smoked some before we left the house, but I never take any to the in-laws, I said "go ahead". He spent about 45 minutes searching through all our luggage, which for the 2-3 day trip concerning my wife was 4-5 bags (go figure) and my 1 bag, and did not find anything. He said "if you have anything in there, I can't find it", and let us go.

I never noticed while I was standing there, but after we started to leave, I noticed we were pulled over in the Huntsville Prison Museum parking lot.

not really funny, but the whole coutroom was laughing when I asked the judge if I could use my license to go to and from work. (It was suspended for 30 days) (and my first ticket). He said there was no reason to go 110mph, and so there was no way he was going to let me use it to go to work. (I still have the ticket hung up on my wall. Ha Ha). Got pulled over once again for the same speed in my eclipse and highway patrol let me off with a verbal warning.

One night way back when I was 17 I was driving with my brother and we got into an argument so he jumps out of the car and starts walking away up a one-way street :confused: soooooo since it was about 2 in the morning and not in so good of a neighborhood I decided to follow him in my car because he was upset and kind of drunk too so I catch up with him about a 1/2 block down and I pulled to the curb as if parked but facing the wrong way and we proceeded to hash things out and I was mostly trying to convince him to not be a Jackass and get back in the car. Well, wouldn't you know it here comes the police driving down the street -- always there when you don't need them LOL -- so they stop and want to know WTH was going on and being unable to provide a good excuse they give me a ticket for driving the wrong way on a 1-way street... they actually hadn't seen me drive down it the wrong way but I was parked facing the wrong way and my headlights and engine were on too... in retrospect I should've told them I had just given another car a jumpstart thus the facing the wrong way bu i didn't ...so I get the ticket and the cop tells me to leave so I ask him "Should I turn around or back up to the end of the block" and he says "YOU FIGURE IT OUT!" so I'm like :confused: and decided to back up to the end of the street which I did and I get about half way down the block on a new street and the cop puts the overheads on so I'm like WTH and I could hear him and his partner giggling :confused: in the patrol car and I find out why when he comes back and hands m a 2nd ticket for :mad: BACKING UP ON A ONE-WAY STREET :mad: So I plead NOT GUILTY on that one and take it to court.

A few weeks later I show up in court with 3 of my buddies -- all of us long-haired headbangers dressed in jeans and t-shirts :thumb: and we park ourselves in the 1st row of the packed courthouse
and I wait my turn. Finally the judge calls us and me and the cop are up there arguing and such and then the woman judge unexspectedly turns to him and proceeds to lay a verbal tirade on him for like 2-minutes straight saying "This is the 5th time this month you're in here defending frivolous tickets that shouldn't of been written... what are you thinking?!... If I see you in here again for writing bogus tickets your ass is mine... BTW who is your commanding officer?!.... and the cops going HUM-A-NA-HUM-A-NA-HUM-A-NA (aka Ralph Cranden) and all the spectators are shit-grinning and loving it and when she was finally done admonishing him she turns to me and dismisses the ticket :)

THAT is AWESOME :thumb:

I've got a story actually. Somewhat amusing.

So myself and my good friend leet (the 'friendly' moderator) were hanging out in an abandoned parking lot hotboxing my car. I knew of a good little hiding spot in this parking lot, which made us basically invisible from the street and freeway. Anyways, we smoked a lot, obviously, and decided it was time to open up the doors and watch the smoke billow into the sky. Just as we step out of my car, around the corner comes a police car. Apparently he was just patrolling, because he almost drove right by us, but he stopped and backed up, and put the spotlight right on us. Obviously at this point, there was no hiding what was going on, there was a huge cloud of smoke over my car, not to mention the cabin was still pretty smoky as well. Also, we were both standing there with the "oh shit" look on our faces, so we pretty much had damned ourselves at that point. So we get back in my car and roll the windows there, and wait for the cop to come do his dirtiest.

He was actually pretty nice about the whole thing, asked me what exactly I was doing here and I explained to him that I had just driven about 200 miles and was trying to relax and smooth out my day. He asked me to open my ashtray and I handed it to him, in which he witnessed a good 4 or 5 roaches. leet and I played the honest approach when he asked us if we had any more, and leet furnished the half ounce he had in his pocket. The officer's eyes got REAL BIG (this stuff was much higher quality than anything you could find in the area) and he presented us two options. A) We give the pot up to him and he lets us go. B) we refuse to give it up, he takes it from us, and writes me a DWI, as well as giving us both misdameanors for possession. Obviously we chose option A. He asked me how far I lived from the location and if I was ok to drive, and sent us on our merry (mind you buzz-killed) way. As we were leaving, we noticed him walking back to his car, showing the bag to the other officer in the car, and slipping it into his jacket pocket.

All I can say is, some cop got REALLY REALLY high that night.

I hated that night :(

Later, I found out that the parking lot was a portal to another dimension ROFL

i almost went to jail for something one of my friends did a couple years ago. i live in a very small town every body knows every body you cant hide. well he had a 240 sx with sr20 and t4 turbo and was on interstate 95 (our little illegal race track) and flew by a cop sitting in the dark @ 120 plus. the cops knew my car very well. they thought it was me. A little while later cops are pounding on my door handcuffs in hand and tow truck on the way to take me and my car. luckily my eclipse was in the garage with no motor in it but i still got the cuffs until they saw the car. That sucked. they didn't know the 240 because it was new in town and they never got him and i went free

i almost went to jail for something one of my friends did a couple years ago. i live in a very small town every body knows every body you cant hide. well he had a 240 sx with sr20 and t4 turbo and was on interstate 95 (our little illegal race track) and flew by a cop sitting in the dark @ 120 plus. the cops knew my car very well. they thought it was me. A little while later cops are pounding on my door handcuffs in hand and tow truck on the way to take me and my car. luckily my eclipse was in the garage with no motor in it but i still got the cuffs until they saw the car. That sucked. they didn't know the 240 because it was new in town and they never got him and i went free

Ouch, that sucks man, wonder what would have happened if your motor was in your car... LOL
did they ask? "Did you pull the engine just to not get arrested?"ROFL

I read this story a while back, an MR2 on the freeway driving fast. Cops sees him and sirens turn on, he decides to drive fast and gets off an In&Out exit, parks next to a group of kids and shuts off the car, cops pull in and he tells all the kids to say that he has been here for the past hour with them.. Cops see the MR2 and start searching and ask who owns the car, mr2 driver says is there a problem? cops almost attempt to arrest him for speeding and police chase but mr2 driver says thats impossible i've been here with my friends for the past hour and all of the kids around him start agreeing.. one of the police officers goes to the hood of the car and says to his partner...his hood is cold... so they drive off and leave. LOL i think some of you might of hear this already, funny story

Not mine, but a friend of mine's story. Kid got arrested at the local walmart for trying to fill his tackle box with the display items. About a month later he gets stopped in the same town for "excessive acceleration" in his 'lude and proceeds to ask the cop, "Are you the cop that arrested me?" He now owns an awd 1g with a 16g that's always broken.

As for me, I got stopped darting through traffic b/c I was trying to make an upcoming light. Stupid, I know. I was in my brother's camaro and the cop was going the opposite way on the highway saw me changing lanes without signaling (I actually was but his bulbs are out)LOL , fortunately he didn't have his radar on b/c I was going a bit faster than I should have been. Anyways he stops me and says he stopped me for improper passing and failure to signal. I hand him license, registration, insurance, etc. He looks at my license and asks where I'm going. I respond with home and he says so you live in Jefferson (local town the cop's from I got stopped pretty much at the meeting of 3 different towns) and I reply with 'no sir vernon' he proceeds to follow with, 'you don't live in jefferson?' WTF and then reads my address to me, "xx white birch drive, stockholm..." . I then have to explain to him that he is thinking of white birch trail which is in fact in the same zip code but the town he thought I was in, whereas white birch drive is in the town I'm telling him it's in. He tells me to be careful and have a good day, hands me back my stuff and walks back to his car. :rocks: As he's getting into his car and I start mine up, my family rolls by me, mom, dad and brother with my brother yelling out the window 'what'd you do?' OMG :sosad:

Oops, wonder how I woulda faired if I was driving my car. Probably woulda had 3 different tickets. :notgood:

one of the police officers goes to the hood of the car and says to his partner...his hood is cold... so they drive off and leave.

ROFL LOL ROFL LOL That's great

My very first time ever getting pulled over, back in '98: I'm driving home from work, probably around 10pm on the highway. I'm driving my 89' Ford Taurus, around 80-ish mph. Speed limit is 70, but everyone in Michigan drives 5 over anyway, so I figure 80 isn't too bad, and I just want to get home and go to sleep. Nestled in one of the wooded scenic highway divides is a utility drive, where cops always sit. Apparently I was the lucky one that night because the cop sitting that night in a marked Ford F150 started after me.

Lights come on, I get out the license and registration and so on. As the cop is talking to me, asking the usual questions (Where are you headed, how fast were you going, etc) he keeps shining his Maglite to the back seat, then back to me, then back to the backseat, then back to me. I'm worried that he's going to think I've got something in the box in the back seat, and I don't want to get arrested, so I figure honesty is the best policy. Now, this is the part that gets interesting.

Me: "Just so you know, Officer, I have a sharpened katana in a box in my back seat. I'm in a Kung Fu class and my teacher has been training me with it."

Cop: (shines flashlight to the backseat at the box clearly labelled "KATANA - Made in Taiwan R.O.C.", then shines back to me) Ummm... Oh-Kay.... Uh, any other weapons I should know about?

Me: (looking down bashfully) "I have a small pocket knife in my pocket that I use for cutting open boxes at work."

Cop: Okay... I guess just leave everything where it is and we won't have a problem.

End result: I think the cop left with an interesting story to tell the guys at work, and I left with a ticket for 82 in a 70. :(

Second time I ever got pulled over: I'm late for college as usual, doing 64 in a 55. Sitting shotgun in a box is a Chinese kung fu weapon called a Kwan Dao (multiple spellings of this depending on dialect). Pic below:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The cop never asked, and I never told him what was in the 6' long box. He was very pleasant, but still slid a ticket in my hand for 5 over. After that point, I felt for certain that I only got pulled over when I had exotic weapons in the car. Later incidents proved that theory wrong, however. :(

When I was young and stupid, i was driving around slightly intoxicated. I got pulled over for driving the wrong way down a one way street. To try and distract the officer, I said I was lost...which I actually was. So he gives me directions, and lets me go, after giving me a half assed sobriety test. He then notices I did not follow the directions he had given me, and pulls me over again. He then tells me to follow him...

The first and only time I've been pulled over I made myself look pretty dumb.

I was cruising along this rural state highway at about 70mph in a 55 zone, and decided not to slow down for a stretch of about 300yards where the limit dropped to 45, and then went back up at the end. Right as I hit the 45 sign I look over and see a plain looking maroon car sitting halfway behind a wall of bushes on a side street, starting to pull out.

Next thing I know this dude is on my ass like the fat kid on the last cupcake. So I decide to speed up. I tap my brakes a couple times and then floor it. Then after I pulled away a little, I slow down. He comes charging right back up on me like he's got something to prove. So I drop it down a gear and hammer it right into a long straight stretch. I look back in the rear view with a smirk... -that is, until I saw the strobes in the headlights of the now recognizable grand marquis...

After handing him my license and registration he asks "Why'd you give up? I was just starting to have fun." I apologized, tried to explain/give an excuse saying I wouldn't have sped up if I'd known he was a cop, thought he was just some jerk messing with me. He laughed it off and gave me a warning. Then he said he owned a mustang and he knew what it was like to have everybody on the road egging him on. Probably the coolest trooper I ever met.

Ive had and iteresting one just recently. I just got stationed on coronado island in san diego and brought my 99 GS here during holiday leave. So me and my buddy who has an 01 eclipse GT each had a passenger and went down to Orange street to go to a restaurant. Total trip: 1 mile. We always drive really carefully because weve heard horror stories about the coronado cops. So we pull off the curb (its now dark outside) and parked a couple of spots back is an expedition with a light rack onit, and he follows. We drive less than 50 yards to the light and get in the turn lane and this guy just walks up to my window and scares the crap out of me, no lights no nothing just "GIVE ME YOUR LISCENSE NOW". So Im wondering wth is going on and give it to him and he tells me to pull over as soon as the light changes. So I do and my buddy behind me does too. About 45 seconds later there are no less than 4 coronado police and one sherriff there. So he gets my buddy out of his car and proceeds to badger him about "drag racing". I can hear everything theyre saying because the windows are down. He says they got "calls" about us racing on orange ave and that a police officer witnessed us drag racing. So he tells my buddy to get back in his car and gets me out. He starts in with "now dont pretend like Im f'ing stupid, I know exactly what you were doing" blah blah blah. I asked him why he pulled us over and he give me the same BS story about phone calls and a cop seeing us. So I tell him weve been at the place eating for the last 2 hours. He doesnt like this and gets pissed off even more and tells me to get back in the car, and that I lost my chance to tell the truth,and that my friend told the truth so hes going to get let go. It occurs to me that he is going to write me a ticket for absolutely nothing but I get back in the car anyways. Then the sherriff comes up and they argue for a minute, and eventually the sherriff comes to both of our cars and tells us were going in the system so if we get another ticket it will be double. All this for driving 50 yards at 25 mph, which is less than the speed limit.

On my 18th birthday I'm cruising around with my friends and decide to make a U-turn in the center of town -- a very wide street with no traffic -- and proceeded to park in front of a corner store so someone could get cigaretttes or a soda or something so I'm sitting in the car waiting and here comes this cop walking up the block and he asks me for my license and a few minutes later gives me a ticket for an illegal U-turn :( It was quite a bummer to get a traffic ticket from a cop that was WALKING his beat and he could've given me a break because after all it was my 18th birthday :) but officer killjoy obviously felt indifferent to the fact :(

Here's one for ya', the most scared i have ever been in my whole life..My two buddies and I all aged from 18 to 19 were bored one early afternoon so we decided well, lets go shoootin, so we took a couple 22 rifles and a 45 mag, 40 smith and wesson and somethin else i forget but it was a hand gun, now none of us are technically old enough to possess a handgun we figured there would be no problems so we did it anyway. so we go to a place that my buddies dad and him go to all the time since they know the guy very closely that has this little shooting range set up, so we figure they go all the time so everythings cool right? so we park at a gate right off the side of the road and walk about 300 yards to the range and pop off some rounds for about 30 mins or so and decide well take off since were out of ammo. so we get to my car and theres a note on my windshield that says cops were called and all this. were like great we have handguns and the cops are comin. so we debate what to do for like 10 mins and decide me and my buddy will leave and my buddy whos dad owned the guns would wait for his dad to come pick him up...so my buddy heads off down the trail with the guns and we pull out, about half a block down the street there comes an undercover car flying by us and we were like oh no and we wait and watch and he doesnt turn around so we keep goin trying to get out of ther and here comes a sherrif suv past us, then he turns around and follows us for like 2 miles and finally pulls us over. pulls us out of the car at gun point and we explain to him the story and so he says get back in the car so we sit there for about 15 mins and he comes back and says were good to go there was just a neighbor complaining about dangerous shots so he realized everything was ok with us so we leave but were still concerned about our buddy hiding in the woods with the guns, turns out the cops were tooo scared to go back there so they just left....damn neighbors hating on a couple of kids just trying to have some fun....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back