The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Any feal coilovers reviews?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i personally prefer tien
It's tein! And they suck now, they used to make them great but the quality is poor and they blow seals alot more nowadays,

Feals are custom made and for our cars are the best bang for the buck coilovers system going,

It's tein! And they suck now, they used to make them great but the quality is poor and they blow seals alot more nowadays,

Feals are custom made and for our cars are the best bang for the buck coilovers system going,
My buddy has a set from like 2005ish that he might sell me, would that be a good year for tien than?

feal has an optional pillow ball mount available too. i recommend it for the front at least.
It comes as standard now, has done since about the 2nd year of feals production for our cars,

Considering getting these soon. So you guys recommend the 12k/8k combo for a weekend car/autox build? Also, will I need to buy anything else to get my alignment in spec?

Considering getting these soon. So you guys recommend the 12k/8k combo for a weekend car/autox build? Also, will I need to buy anything else to get my alignment in spec?
I would ask Feal directly about the spring rates. Depending on how low you go you might need alignment hardware. Check with JNZ if needed.

Can you get feals to put the car @ stock ride height, or close to it? I'd prefer at most a 1" drop for DD status, but probably less. Tired of bouncing around backroads and having to creep and crawl.

Driving a fast car slow is about the worst experience. My civic is faster on back roads than the DSM cuz I can just pound it over the potholes and dips.

I really like mine. I got the Road race kit with 13k front 6k rear. Goes nice with my RM front bar 3G rear bar and D.C. Sports strut braces and 245/40/17 Hankook V12 Evo IIs. Well worth it.

My road race version are on order.
But looking forward to them.

I have been kicking myself though for not choosing to give them the numbers for the wider rims I plan to run when my cat is finally complete. I gave them the numbers for what it'll be running most of the time as I still daily it

So they'll probably have to get sent back for valving at somepoint.

I'll share my thoughts on the FEALs(10k/6k). I went from full stock suspension to Tein Type Flex Coilovers to the Teins w/ Prothane Bushing Kit to FEALs w/ Prothane Bushing Kit. I hope this makes me qualified to talk about them superficially considering I haven't tracked/autocrossed/dragged on official tracks.

The Teins were always really nice for street driving and personally, I like them over the FEALs specifically for non aggressive driving habits. Even though I've only experienced FEALs with Prothane bushings, I would still assume the Teins are much more forgiving over bumpy roads. They were stiff but they were very well behaved on some of the nastier roads I've encountered. Taking corners in the Teins was pretty rewarding coming from stock suspension and once I threw in the Prothane bushings, it got even better without hurting ride quality too much. Overall, driving on the Teins for about 2 years was awesome and they are a great setup for your DD!

Now for the FEALs...they were quite similar to the Teins when I first drove around the parking lot. They were noticibly stiffer and I wasn't sure if I liked that about them. Once I turned out of the parking lot onto a main road, the steering wheel turned differently than I was used to and could tell the spherical top mounts on the coilovers were doing their thing. Feeling how much more nimble the car was because of the spherical top mounts, I also did some 60-0 brake checks and I was not disappointed one bit. With the Teins, I could get the car to nose dive slightly when I really slammed the on the brakes without locking them up but with the FEALs, there was absolutely no nose diving at all and it FELT harder to completely lock the brakes(never took official measurements). Taking corners at the speeds I normally would in the Teins wasn't even that thrilling because the FEALs made that feel like my grandma was making a basic right hand turn. Honestly where I really noticed the FEALs shine was during high speed turns. Exiting off off-ramps from high speeds felt more controlled and generally safer. I couldn't tell if there was an improvement on launching since I dnt really have enough power to squat the car, but considering the spring rate is higher than the Teins, I would assume the FEALs are in fact better in that department as well. Overall the FEALs were like Teins on a nice steady weekly dose of steroids.

Anyway this post is getting sorta long now but I do have one thing about the FEALs that I do not like and that is their ability to make woman who have nice "assets" complain about how stiff your suspension is as you take a 1G turn coming out of Raleys. No but seriously...the FEALs may make your passengers complain(but I'm on Prothane bushings so maybe that's why).

I don't have a review, but I just ordered the Feal 441 with the off-the-shelf spring rates. From what people were saying here, I was expecting an email or something asking me about my car, but I didn't get that. I just got a shipping notification email, which I'm perfectly fine with!

I'm excited to get them!

I don't have a review, but I just ordered the Feal 441 with the off-the-shelf spring rates. From what people were saying here, I was expecting an email or something asking me about my car, but I didn't get that. I just got a shipping notification email, which I'm perfectly fine with!

I'm excited to get them!
If you just got the spring rates listed then they already pre assumed everything already and thats their given setup and its better then stock,

If you listed custom rates i think thats when they will find more details about the car and its use,

Pretty good YouTube channel:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Was gonna post this exact video if I didn't see it in the line.. After seeing this I decide to go with Feals myself..

You call in and talk to the techs and they will do the spring rate n ride height for you before they get to you so all you do is open box and install..

Plus I love how it swivels at top and isn't fixed. Should Definitely FEAL those Corners much better.. HAHA heh hmmmmm.....

Have Yonaka coilovers on my 95 awd tsi for 3 years now. They're good for the price & hold up to all the pot holes in my city.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back