The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Any experience with the Motorola RAZR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jofan

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 24, 2005
Seth, West_Virginia
Does anyone have the new Motorola RAZR phone? Or has anyone ever played around with one before? I was thinking about getting one next week, and wanted to get some feedback about how it performs, its features, and so on. So let me know what you all think. :thumb:

$200??? I'm going to get mine for a measly $98. Of course i have to sign a two year contract with cingular.

I've got one of the black ones. The only problem I have with it is the ear speaker kinda sucks. So if you're talkin to someone who doesn't have a loud mouth (pretty much eliminates 90% of women right there) it's kinda hard to hear in a loud place.

I just got one a few weeks ago, and i like it so far.......but the best part is that i got it for FREE just by renewing my contract for another year.

Before you go shell out $200 call your service provider and tell them you were thinking about switching to another company because they offered you the phone for free with a contract.

I told t-mobile that i wanted to switch to cingular because of their Razr deal, and they gave me the phone and 100 extra minutes per month just to stay with them for another year.

it's worth a shot. :thumb:

Well, they're really not that cool in my opinion. It's pretty much the same as my V220 menuwise.

The really cool thing though is that it's uber easy to text message and do everything you would on your normal phone faster.

Also, everyone recognizes it and you become a couple percent more popular.

yea its a pretty good phone, i work for t-mobile. but there is a diff between the one cingular has and we have. the one we have is capable of taking video cingulars not. but yea the razr is a very nice phone. good choice.

Im not too impressed with them.

other than the design and the keypad is nice looking.

I have a SamSung P777 and it by far kicks the razrs ass bigtime.

awesome reception

good looks,

NO insurance available for it. keep it safe...

the razr is all show.. the features on it are exactly like most of the latest motorolas available now.. and more so of the v551.. except it is very thin.. i cant believe people were paying $400-500 for the razr a few months ago.. damn trend followers.. if you can afford it and dont care to shop around for other phones that have better/more features instead of just being flashy and thin.. then the razr is good.. but "i personally" wouldnt spend that much on that phone..

actually i'll tell you one thing about motorola's phones. They are very nice phone but the software they are running is one that come out from a factory. But my co-worker has it and all the phones i have seen so far from motorola has few sec lag. Ex. Like when you press button to go phone book or something it takes about few sec to get their. I had v600 before with aston martin flex which kind of help me. So if you could stand the delay buy it but i would look into something else other than v3.

i bought the motorola V400 when they first came out(like, the birth of the picture phone, and i had to have it) for 300 bucks. while mine is nice, its performance is horrible. there is so much lag when pressing buttons, its almost unbearable. pressing back takes 3 seconds, and sometimes, wont do it till you press it again, then you went back too far and have to press what you were trying to get to again.

the RAZR, while using mostly the same operating system, has very good performance as far as menu's go, they come up instantly like they should. the camera on it is amazing, i think its like 2 megapixel or something like that, and the 4x zoom is as clear at 4x as it is at normal.

ill ###### get one soon, i dont know if my 3 year is up(since i had to renew when i got the v400). wait, come to think of it, i got the v40 when i bought the gst in jan 04, so i still got a while. looks like ill be finding a ebay one.

does the t-mobile one use simcards? video capability would be sweet.

I was thinking about buying a razr, but I thought the menus were too slow, and i didnt like the camera too much. This is what a 2 megapixel camera looks like. http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA0OTc3MDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

With that said, I went with the Sony Ericsson k750i. A great phone, 2mp camera, etc. I think the razr is mainly just a fashon phone, but now they are pretty inexpensive compared when I was looking at new phones.

I work for Cingular Wireless, so I know a little about the phone :D

it's a great phone if you use it as a PHONE. not camera bullshit, no mp3.. blah blah. if you TALK on it, via bluetooth or standard, it's great. It's awesome in the pocket [ I wear dress pants all the time ] and even anywhere that you need to store it.

the only downsides to this phone is :
camera sucks (as with any VGA)
no video (would probably suck too)
battery life sucks (1 day between charges on normal use)
fairly weak structure (don't drop it when it's flipped open, LOL)
can't see shit on the screen in the daylight

upsides:
thin design
huge screen
bluetooth is quick (only v1.1)
voice recording is on point
speaker is OK
unique key design, I like it :)

I looked at it at my Cingular store, it felt cheap and didnt look as cool as they make it out to be on the comercials. I dont think a flip phone would stand up to my dailey beatings. If I were to buy a new phone, it would be a definitely be a Nokia Series 60/80 phone. I love my 6620, but its about time to upgrade. Hopefully I can get a deal on a Nokia 6682 if I sign up for a nother year.

CHeck out www.phonescoop.com for reviews and specs on phones.

I have a black razr n i'll tell you it's truely tits.. I love it, I haven't quite figured it all out yet but the motomix and bluetooth are the shit! I haven't found 1 thing that this phone can not do. I also have read the reviews on the phone and it seems to me that the T-Mobile Silver Razr is better then the cingular silver razr BUT the Black cingular razr is the better built one out of them all! the phone was 350.00 when I bought it 2 weeks ago but with my 2yr contract they gave it to me for 210.00 I feel it's worth every penny :thumb:

Well I'm just in the market for a nice looking phone with great reception. I hate my current phone with everything Ive got. The menus are SO slow, the reception is horrible, and you cannot hear shit on it. The reason I'm going for the v3 is because Ive got an awesome deal on it and it looks nice. The camera and all the other features aren't really that appealing to me because i wont be using them all that much. So, 98 dollars for a phone with awesome reception and a nice sleek design, I'm going for it.

Thanks for the feedback all.

jofan said:
Well I'm just in the market for a nice looking phone with great reception. I hate my current phone with everything Ive got. The menus are SO slow, the reception is horrible, and you cannot hear shit on it. The reason I'm going for the v3 is because Ive got an awesome deal on it and it looks nice. The camera and all the other features aren't really that appealing to me because i wont be using them all that much. So, 98 dollars for a phone with awesome reception and a nice sleek design, I'm going for it.

Thanks for the feedback all.

I get great reception, I have hurd the razr got shitty reception befor I bought it but I haven't had a problem with it yet. The speaker phone is great and it doesn't break up at loud volume like a nextel and yes it is a very nice sleek design, somtimes I worrie about breakin it to often it's hard to get use to for a little bit.

juddsgsx said:
I've got one of the black ones. The only problem I have with it is the ear speaker kinda sucks. So if you're talkin to someone who doesn't have a loud mouth (pretty much eliminates 90% of women right there) it's kinda hard to hear in a loud place.

same here. and the vibrate isnt very powerful. thats all for now.

RichCaccese said:
awesome reception

good looks,

Try again -- insurance is available for it.

And before you try to argue, I work for cingular.

Boosted90GST said:
I have a black razr n i'll tell you it's truely tits.. I love it, I haven't quite figured it all out yet but the motomix and bluetooth are the shit! I haven't found 1 thing that this phone can not do. I also have read the reviews on the phone and it seems to me that the T-Mobile Silver Razr is better then the cingular silver razr BUT the Black cingular razr is the better built one out of them all! the phone was 350.00 when I bought it 2 weeks ago but with my 2yr contract they gave it to me for 210.00 I feel it's worth every penny :thumb:

The v3's are all the same. The only difference is UI customizations from the carrier, and the color of the casing.

Reception is the same. Durability is the same.

One thing the phone can't do? Expandable memory. Video recording. FM radio. Have a screen that can be read in daylight...there's a lot it can't do ;)

That said, it's an overpriced, slow piece of junk. The only thing it's good at is getting reception -- and at times, it's even sketchy at that.

Nokia 6230 is a much better phone. Better RF, more features, and a brand that makes phones that don't fall apart in 2 months. Issues with the latest firmware, but you can get it reflashed and unbranded for $20 from iunlock.com and have a stellar phone.

My business phone is a blackberry, my personal phone is a 6230. Stay away from Motorola -- their QC is abhorrent.

suicidal2af said:
Try again -- insurance is available for it.

And before you try to argue, I work for cingular.

:thumb: are you an agent or company?

and yes, he's right. anything with retail value of 300.00 or less is insurable. hence why they made the razr 299.99 ;)

RichCaccese said:
awesome reception

good looks,

Wrong. It is available. As a matter of fact i just made an insurance claim and got one for $50 :thumb:

suicidal2af said:
The v3's are all the same. The only difference is UI customizations from the carrier, and the color of the casing.

Not true, the Cingular does not have a video phone, the T-mobile version does allow you to record Videos.

I have a Razr V3, its not a bad phone, but I want the Razr V8 when it comes out. I should be reciving my PEBL sometime this month to try out.

They had it for FREE last week on the front page of yahoo. I saw a $49 today.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back