The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Any Drift fans here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talonted_one

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 15, 2002
Jacksonville, North_Carolina
I was just wondering if there were any drift fans out there?

When I get done with my money pit I want to learn to drift.

Anyone have experience with an AWD? I have done a lil so naturally I suck. Any helpful hints?

Oh and one last thing...Any east coast events around?

<drift NUT here.

the US drift scene STARTED in hawaii several years ago. we got drift session down here. www.driftsession.com . its because we have so much japanese influence here. they had the Drifter x and drifter xl come out and did some runs with us. we just cant bring the big dogs down here because our track SUCKS big ones.

anyway, my friend was able to get his super20g 2g awd to break loose a couple times but its really a BIG ass strain on the suspension. if u find out how to get it good with ur car post back. a thread was going on drifting awd 1gs in the sus. tech forum but died...latez

I have found that there are 2 good techniques to drift an AWD:

Accel off and feint.

I know there are more ways but I havent been able to try the other ones.

From my reading we as awd have to do a lil more in every way as far as set up for drift. We should still get a good coilover set up with pillow ball mounts, but we should invest into a larger rear sway bar.

Not too sure about AWD... but for FWD... I use the E brake to swing my ass around, and then heel-toe to maintain the angle and speed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back