The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

ANY car salesmen on here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amazin' Wasian

Banned Member
May 7, 2004
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Well i have an interview for car sales at the local chevy dealer.....I have no prior experience but they said its not needed. Do you think its a good job? Can i make some decent cash selling cars? Any tips for me? any info is appreciated thanks...

-nick-

If they are anything like the ones I met, you just have to lie alot. You'd be suprised at how many carsalesman really don't know as much about cars as you would think

Its always easier to sell something you believe in.

MCDGexx said:
Its always easier to sell something you believe in.

Thats going to be pretty tough considering its a chevy dealership :D

Chuck Norris has never even heard of a Chevy

My buddy (19 years old) just got hired at a toyota dealership selling cars. They said that the lowest selling employee came away with $85K last year. My experiences with sellers is that they really dont know shit (granted they do know basic things). So if you know your stuff and have social skills you should do great :thumb:

Well I just got a better interview set-up at a BMW dealership, but im not sure if i wanna go yet or not. I need a job that is garanteed to give me cash. I dont want to quit my current job and get to the dealership and not make any money, but then again my job right now sucks ass anyways...

I don't think selling cars is garaunteed money. I think it's all commission man and maybe a very small per hour. It also depends alot on the location and the economy. The BMW job sounds promising and i don't know how old you are but someone looking to spend that kind of money would probably be looking for an adult then a kid ya know. That would mean that you'd have to know your shit that much more! Good luck man :rocks:

I used to sell cars for a living. It's much tougher than you'd think. It's either fast or famine.
However, people appreciate honesty. Keep that in mind.

My dad has owned used car and truck dealerships for the last 30 years or so. I've been around it my whole life. His sales people make 60 thousand or more a year (all commission), and this is at a used truck dealership. His best salesman was an ex-trucker. He is very warm and comes off as an old man who knows his shit. All you have to do is make them believe your a good guy and sell them what you got. On a side note, my dad started off as a salesman and said he was terrible at it until someone taught him the ins and outs and trained him. Just a thought. -Matt

I sell boats for a living and have met a few people that sell cars, it's not bad pay for the work. Working for a large dealership helps. I talked to a guy from Carmax that makes 50k yearly, the only compaint he had were the long hours. It's also a job that you get paid what you earn i.e your commission.

ddavisaf said:
I used to sell cars for a living. It's much tougher than you'd think. It's either fast or famine.
However, people appreciate honesty. Keep that in mind.

This man speaks the truth. Feast or faminine is the name of the game. I've seen guys make $20,000 a year, and I've seen people make $100,000 a year.

I'm the director of customer relations at a Hyundai dealership right now, but after only making a littler over $20,000 last year I'm looking to get out of the business. You'll find that the owners typically find a way to make millions, while you scrounge for pennies.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back