The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

antenna install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Gturbo4cheap

Probationary Member
Dec 2, 2014
Jacksonville, North_Carolina
Just purchased a new exterior car antenna, I took the old antenna out which is the stock antenna. Now I want to install the new one, what other parts do I need? It only came as the the antenna itself and the male audio jack.

Sounds like the only thing you will need is an adapter for the antenna wire and maybe a plug for factory antenna hole, that is if this new one will be mounted elsewhere.

Its going to be mounted in the same place. I'm just replacing the old one since it doesn't work anymore, so i need an adapter. Can I find it on eBay?

Surely you can. Antenna adapters are quite common. Might even find one in the automotive section of your local supermarket.
But before you get any more parts, go ahead and install whatever you can of what you have. Then it will be easier to see what else you might need.

Ok so I just changed the external antenna on my 2G, but for some reason my radio doesnt turn on now. What could the problem be? I disconnected the old antenna components and since then I've had no radio. Is there a wire I should be looking for that provides power to the radio from the trunk? Diagrams or break downs would be much appreciated.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back