The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Another RWD 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What gm adapter are you using? I am building my second 4g63 d50 right now, th350 trans/ford 8.8 rear.

Wow that car looks sick! The engine isn't real far back. Look at David Buschurs old Talon RWD...The engine is in the passenger compartment haha

Attachments

• talon01.jpg
    talon01.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 2,035
You would have to assume for either weight distribution purposes or better launch characteristics

Very very cool. I just don't get why he had to use a big truck (solid rear axle) why not make it with a true independent rear suspension?

when it comes to straight line racing irs aren't very good. when the car lunches the contact patch gets smaller as the weight transfers to the rear and rear ends squats

This is really cool, I enjoy seeing this type of thing!

ahh you live out in stevensville, good to know there are some nice dsms going to be around. I usually go out to Benton Harbor once a week for that pump station/waste water treatment plant.

Good job on this!!

A few new pictures.

The billet wheel GTX4202R with Tial turbine housing. I want this turbo to have my kids.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Custom rear-sump aluminum pan (still need to weld on the drain plug, turbo drain, and bung for the Lokar dipstick).

And this is what we came up with for mounting the electric water pump. It's a Meziere pump and Afco Scirocco radiator. I'll get some better pictures of this one we plumb it in the car.

We built a jig tonight to locate the collector for the header build. I'll probably get started on it this weekend. More pics coming soon. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Epic, looking good man. Can't wait to see the final project!!! :D

And this is what we came up with for mounting the electric water pump. It's a Meziere pump and Afco Scirocco radiator. I'll get some better pictures of this one we plumb it in the car.

I heard good things about those scirocco-style crossflow radiators, I bought one too awhile ago. I'm working on a v-mount intercooler/radiator setup right now with the same one

Judging by how far inset the engine is, you have much more room for this. It won't hang out like mine

Something to possibly consider. Venting the radiator out of the hood may lower drag as well as improve efficiency

Got the header pipes fitted and tacked together. It's going to get TIG'd this weekend. Then I can fab up a brace to support the weight and locate a wastegate port on the collector.

I heard good things about those scirocco-style crossflow radiators, I bought one too awhile ago. I'm working on a v-mount intercooler/radiator setup right now with the same one

Judging by how far inset the engine is, you have much more room for this. It won't hang out like mine

Something to possibly consider. Venting the radiator out of the hood may lower drag as well as improve efficiency
Not a bad idea. I'm not sure how much a v-mount would benefit a drag-only car, but we probably do have the space for it.

I just installed the same radiator in my 2G. I'm excited to see how well it works next summer. :)

The billet wheel GTX4202R with Tial turbine housing. I want this turbo to have my kids.

LOL That thing is absolutely beautiful.:thumb: The Tial turbine housing completes the package.:hellyeah: I can't wait to see the finished product.

Here's the only pics I have. These are almost two years old, back when it was still AWD.

Is it weird I took my pants off when I saw that turbo...? Something about those Tial housings, just make me want to get naked....Kidding...kinda...

Sick project, and looks like everything is done very neatly, I like that. Any pics of the car as a whole?

hey paul do you have any specs on what all you guys used to build the header ? material wise.

Thats for the rear end pics paul ... was that work done by the same place that did the front? I'm looking for a similar thing to be done on mine but I'm not sure who to trust with it at this point. Thanks.

hey paul do you have any specs on what all you guys used to build the header ? material wise.
I used 304 sch-10 1.5" pipe on the header.

Thats for the rear end pics paul ... was that work done by the same place that did the front? I'm looking for a similar thing to be done on mine but I'm not sure who to trust with it at this point. Thanks.
No problem, Cedric. Yeah, Troxell's did all of the chassis work. They're not always quick, but they do very nice work. I would definitely trust them to properly set up a rearend on any vehicle.

Header and turbo fit perfectly:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back