The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Another RWD 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99gst_racer

Apr 5, 2003
Coloma, Michigan
This is a buddy's car. He finally got tired of destroying drivetrain components, and decided to go RWD and with an A/T trans. Engine is an aluminum rod 2.0L in front of a th400 tranny. His GTX4202r just came in the mail. I'll be starting a header build for it sometime next week. The car still uses all of the factory frame rails and the factory radiator core support. 9" rearend (still needs to be narrowed), 4-link, 6-gallon fuel cell, and EMS tuned. All of the chassis work was done by Troxell Racing out of Bridgman, MI (269-465-4855). They pump out some pretty impressive race cars over there, and their fab work is top notch!

As you can see from the pictures, quite a bit still needs to be done. It needs a coolant system, an entire intake tract, an entire exhaust system, wiring, etc... I have high hopes for this car. :) :dsm:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Feel free to comment or ask questions.

Last edited:
so how much does this all cost?? $$$
Alot! I don't think he's kept track on the total amount of money put into this car. It's had just about everything badass in it at one point, so there's been a ton of money thrown at it over the years. I'm not sure if he wants to know how much. ;)

Who's car is this Paul? Pumpgasgsx?

damm! that is so bad ass PROPS on that project shit if im happy just doing a simple 6 bolt swap i would be jizzin my pants with that

Thats going to be a badass car.

Awesome build. Looks like this could be done (somewhat) inexpensive relative to drag car costs. If you can find a cheap starter car, looks like it could be either gst or gsx and with some fabrication skills, you could have a badA drag car. good luck, post some vids.

LOL, nice job but he coulda just went Auto on the AWD and stopped breaking parts. Manual's the devil.

he went that far why not 2jz?? That 4g looks puny in there but it should "decimate all" LOL.

Looks like a great start. Can't wait to see the progress with this car

he went that far why not 2jz?? That 4g looks puny in there but it should "decimate all" LOL.
This is a DSM build. The 4G is the only option. ;)

Were will the turbo be placed?
We're not 100% sure yet. Waiting for the Tial turbine housing to show up before we build a jig to locate the collector. Hopefully it shows up soon because I'm ready to get working!

Paul, why did he choose the GTX4202R? From what I have seen of it, it is not worth the additional cost. I would have just taken a standard GT4202R and put in a GT4508R compressor wheel with a machined compressor cover and machine up a billet backplate with a TiAL housing for a better turbo that has an 80mm inducer/108mm exducer and has very similar spoolup characteristics to the GT4202R with an additional 15-20lb/min airflow.

Awesome buildup! I cannot wait to see more from it!

Last edited:
I was going to mention the tial hotside as well. By the looks of the bay i assume i topmount. I would love to see a long tube on there but it would not be smooth. I'm waiting to see what you guys come up with.

Won't that engine have to come forward more or is there enough room for the thermostat housing in there?

Won't that engine have to come forward more or is there enough room for the thermostat housing in there?

nope it looks to be setup for a electric water pump

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back