The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Another New Guy

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duds03tibby

Probationary Member
Apr 22, 2010
Grand Junction, Colorado
Hey guys,
My name is Dusty and I am looking at getting a 2g Eclipse for my Girlfriend as her tuner car this summer so I figured I would get on here and check out some thing...

I found a 96 Eclipse GS w/ 5 speed for $1200 it has some problems but I think I can get them solved. It won't idle right but its either IAC or TPS I haven't had a chance to look at it before I give the guy the cash for it... Paint needs some work and it also needs a new bumper but the good thing is it was just rebuilt 3k or so ago...

Now for me I drive a 03 Hyundai Tiburon GT 6 speed. Just a couple of bolt-ons plan on getting me some Crower Reground Cams and Cam gears this summer and hopefully by 2011 I will be Turboed with a GT30 Turbo @ 6 psi or so which will put me close to 280whp or so... our cars stock block will only handle 8-10psi and about 325whp before it hurts the wallet...

Well, I am from CO and am always up for meeting other car enthusiasts so let me know.

Hey guys,
My name is Dusty and I am looking at getting a 2g Eclipse for my Girlfriend as her tuner car this summer so I figured I would get on here and check out some thing...

I found a 96 Eclipse GS w/ 5 speed for $1200 it has some problems but I think I can get them solved. It won't idle right but its either IAC or TPS I haven't had a chance to look at it before I give the guy the cash for it... Paint needs some work and it also needs a new bumper but the good thing is it was just rebuilt 3k or so ago...

Now for me I drive a 03 Hyundai Tiburon GT 6 speed. Just a couple of bolt-ons plan on getting me some Crower Reground Cams and Cam gears this summer and hopefully by 2011 I will be Turboed with a GT30 Turbo @ 6 psi or so which will put me close to 280whp or so... our cars stock block will only handle 8-10psi and about 325whp before it hurts the wallet...

Well, I am from CO and am always up for meeting other car enthusiasts so let me know.

yeah colorado rocks...

thats sucks tibby's block only good to 325 and 10psi.... that means ## girlfriends cars gonna have a block capable of twice what ## block is. :) hahaha.

yeah colorado rocks...

thats sucks tibby's block only good to 325 and 10psi.... that means ## girlfriends cars gonna have a block capable of twice what ## block is. :) hahaha.

LOL don't remind me... I was going to get a GSX for a playtoy but how many 300hp Tibs do you see? I know of 2 in CO... And maybe 50 off of my other forum...

and I plan on building the block and doing 18psi range on the v6...

Girlfriends will get a Turbo eventually and probably run 15psi seeing it will be her first F/I car...

Tibs 4 cylinder is actually the same block as the eclipse idk how many of you know that but I think even the Crank might be the same... but parts are similar and can be actually transferred... Evo manifold can fit the bolt pattern to turbo an i4 tib...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back