The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Another "Last of the last..." :-(

DSSA

Supporting Vendor
Jul 26, 2002
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
We've kept a running stock of these even though they rarely come into the U.S., but we just went to order more MD735585 transmission cable brackets for the 91-94 DSMs/91-92 GVR4s and they're now officially discontinued.

We have two remaining for anyone who wants them before we wipe them off of the books for good...

https://jnztuning.com/product/shift-cable-bracket-91-94-dsm-galant-vr-4/

twicks69

Supporting Vendor
Mar 12, 2004
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Josh, it comes with the lower bracket and the isolator bushings?? Those bushings separately are like $25 from Mitsu!

Also, I have none of these in stock. I do think I have like one or two new 95-99 style brackets remaining on my shelf.

DSSA

Supporting Vendor
Jul 26, 2002
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
Tim,

Yep, as pictured above. Lower bracket assembled to upper with the bolts/bushings.

I think I have a 2G one bouncing around out there as well (they're not disco'd, but are eternally on back order status in the U.S.).

Just another in the "long list of Mitsu discontinuations" at this point.

twicks69

Supporting Vendor
Mar 12, 2004
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Yeah it is crazy, its like Mitsubishi just wants to end the parts business altogether.

I think it took like 8 months to get the last couple 2g shift cable brackets.

Another one lately that took some time to fill were MD710663 bearings. I purchased 40x for shelf stock. Took like 4 months or so.

DSSA

Supporting Vendor
Jul 26, 2002
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
Yeah it is crazy, its like Mitsubishi just wants to end the parts business altogether.

I think it took like 8 months to get the last couple 2g shift cable brackets.

Another one lately that took some time to fill were MD710663 bearings. I purchased 40x for shelf stock. Took like 4 months or so.
Those, and the center diff bearings have been hard to get since about 10 years ago--I'm surprised it only took 4 months to get all of them!

twicks69

Supporting Vendor
Mar 12, 2004
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Josh, I am sending a customer your way for one of these brackets - Sadhish Ragoonathan

DSSA

Supporting Vendor
Jul 26, 2002
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
Update on this---there's only one of the shift cable brackets left at this point.

twicks69

Supporting Vendor
Mar 12, 2004
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
But the rubber isolator is still available, or NLA also?
The shift cable bracket rubberized washers are MD723290 (x4), and are still available.

bastarddsm

Proven Member
Aug 26, 2003
Mendota, Illinois

DSSA

Supporting Vendor
Jul 26, 2002
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
And in the meantime Nissan and Toyota are reproducing formerly discontinued or out of stock parts for the older legacy vehicles...smh, Mitsubishi has really lost their way over the last few years.
I can attest that Mitsu has been losing their way since the late 90's when I started doing this.

It's funny that you mention Nissan though---now that they've got vested interest in Mitsu, I had *hoped* that they would be a good influence on them. That said, I've seen nothing but Nissan further screwing things ups with Mitsu. Nissan as a company has gone the route of "earlier Mitsu", and they seem to be progressing down the same path.

Example, but by far not what I'm basing the above on: I bought my wife a 2016 Outlander as a daily. The car is boring, slow, but fit the bill of being AWD, roomy (for two people and two dogs at the time), and will still get 30 mpg. I hated driving it, but did such like a grandmother because the mpg aspect was its greatest redeeming factor. We took two dogs, two people, loaded it down with a hitch carrier as we had run out of room, and took it on an 8 hour trip to the Outer Banks. We averaged 32 mpg. Later, with one dog same load, we drove 24 hours to Venice Florida on another trip. The car was great for mpg, and what we could load into it. It also needed nothing but regular maintenance until 93K miles.

At 93K, the dreaded CVT hesitation began. A friend at the Mitsu dealer I use said "Bring it in, we'll get it warrantied". Long story short--Mitsu (at Nissan's command) a week before had implemented a "No trouble codes--no warranty!" rule.

Fast forward to 110K less than a year later. Heading to Christmas Eve to visit family, the car became undriveable. The trans suddenly started slipping so badly that I didn't know if we'd make it home. We successfully limped it home where it was getting to the point where it would barely move---yet, NO trans trouble codes were kicked on--meaning per Nissan's new rules, it still couldn't be warrantied.

After having people connected to Mitsu go to bat for me (records of it coming in at 93K with issues), they were able to get the transmission ($8K) replaced under warranty, but stabbed me for the labor.

End point: I'm not sure Nissan is a company that should be a "benchmark" at this point.

motomattx

Proven Member
Dec 9, 2010
wampum, Pennsylvania
I can attest that Mitsu has been losing their way since the late 90's when I started doing this.

It's funny that you mention Nissan though---now that they've got vested interest in Mitsu, I had *hoped* that they would be a good influence on them. That said, I've seen nothing but Nissan further screwing things ups with Mitsu. Nissan as a company has gone the route of "earlier Mitsu", and they seem to be progressing down the same path.

Example, but by far not what I'm basing the above on: I bought my wife a 2016 Outlander as a daily. The car is boring, slow, but fit the bill of being AWD, roomy (for two people and two dogs at the time), and will still get 30 mpg. I hated driving it, but did such like a grandmother because the mpg aspect was its greatest redeeming factor. We took two dogs, two people, loaded it down with a hitch carrier as we had run out of room, and took it on an 8 hour trip to the Outer Banks. We averaged 32 mpg. Later, with one dog same load, we drove 24 hours to Venice Florida on another trip. The car was great for mpg, and what we could load into it. It also needed nothing but regular maintenance until 93K miles.

At 93K, the dreaded CVT hesitation began. A friend at the Mitsu dealer I use said "Bring it in, we'll get it warrantied". Long story short--Mitsu (at Nissan's command) a week before had implemented a "No trouble codes--no warranty!" rule.

Fast forward to 110K less than a year later. Heading to Christmas Eve to visit family, the car became undriveable. The trans suddenly started slipping so badly that I didn't know if we'd make it home. We successfully limped it home where it was getting to the point where it would barely move---yet, NO trans trouble codes were kicked on--meaning per Nissan's new rules, it still couldn't be warrantied.

After having people connected to Mitsu go to bat for me (records of it coming in at 93K with issues), they were able to get the transmission ($8K) replaced under warranty, but stabbed me for the labor.

End point: I'm not sure Nissan is a company that should be a "benchmark" at this point.
I am not a Nissan fan at all, the only thing that they ever did that was decent was the GTR series, and even that car is just a large amount of plastic sculpted to look really nice with whats basically a Nissan pickup truck engine with better heads and turbo's on it to make it shine, Nissan as a company didn't go out on a limb financially to make that car, Toyota I am a fan of, when they build an engine its purpose built, the Tacoma has its own engines, the Tundra has its own engines, you wont find a Supra engine in a truck or vice versa, Toyota and Nissan and lately even Mitsubishi build boring, slow uninteresting vehicles that are for the most part reliable, especially Toyota, Nissan has proven that there is a market for a supercar, if Mitsubishi would bring back the 3000GT or the Evo and make them non electric/non hybrid I believe that they would be surprised at the market for them, the same with Toyota, I don't know how much control over Mitsubishi that Nissan has though, maybe Nissan wont allow Mitsubishi to build anything to compete with the GTR, I would much rather have seen Toyota get in bed with Mitsubishi and work together on a car.

randman2011

Proven Member
Feb 26, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
@motomattx I'm a bit confused where you're coming from, since the RB series of engines debuted in the R31 Skyline in 1985 and the RB30, the only one to ever appear in an SUV, first appeared in the Skyline and Patrol SUV two years later but no part of the longblock is actually shared with the RB26. And the current GT-R shares its engine family only with the Skyline chassis and some dedicated racers. The contemporary V6 Tacoma shared an engine family with the Camry and ES 250 and 300. The first gen Tundra V6 and second gen Tacoma share their 1GR across 19 different applications and other GR engines found their way into nearly every vehicle in Toyota's lineup in the late 2000s. The JZ, M, and G weren't used in any trucks or SUVs but they did appear in a hell of a lot of various vehicles and-

Why are we talking about this again?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds