The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G AN fittings for FP Green

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllenTallen

Proven Member
Oct 3, 2020
Houston, Texas
Hey what’s up guys. Hope all it well. I just purchased the FP green for my 1990 TSI. I can’t get the OEM coolant return line to fit so I’m going to run a 6AN line from the turbo to the water pipe (the pipe connected to the water pump)

Everything I need just came it but what confuses me is that the 6an to m16x1.5 and the 6an to m14x1.5 adapters for both fittings have washers & o rings on the metric side. Should I use the o-rings or washers? Thanks for any input. I attached pictures below or the stock set up and my fittings where they are suppose to go to replace the OEM line.

Attachments

• A64423FC-F06C-4E93-A22E-CDE057493154.jpeg
    A64423FC-F06C-4E93-A22E-CDE057493154.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 98
  • F40F388D-EABD-450B-8C49-B0340E7DDAF0.jpeg
    F40F388D-EABD-450B-8C49-B0340E7DDAF0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
  • 8BD6FBF9-D378-4633-B1D9-639361878443.jpeg
    8BD6FBF9-D378-4633-B1D9-639361878443.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
The left fitting is correct. I wouldn't use the fitting on the right because I feel the o-ring would get burnt up by the turbo. I would only use fittings with crush washers but maybe contact FP and ask them.

I have these on my car:
MAMBA Banjo Bolt Kit M14x1.5mm to 6AN Turbo Coolant Garrett GT25R GT28R GT30R | eBay

ok Nick, thanks man! I called FP on my lunch break and they said as long as it has a crush washer it should be a good fit. I should’ve went with the banjo like you did so I didn’t have to buy a 6an 90 Degree. But oh well LOL

Turbo CHRA get pretty hot. I would use the metal crush washers to seal the AN adapter to the housing.
I really do appreciate your reply! I didn’t even think about the o-ring getting hot. I’m going with crush washers to the housing but not sure if I want to put the o-ring on the side that connects to the coolant pipe :confused:

I really do appreciate your reply! I didn’t even think about the o-ring getting hot. I’m going with crush washers to the housing but not sure if I want to put the o-ring on the side that connects to the coolant pipe :confused:

I am sure the o-ring will be fine on the side with the coolant pipe, just make sure its compatible for higher temps, and for coolant. I will still used a crush washer for that side. or get a metric fitting that is flared on the metric side for the provision on the heater pipe. The best option would be to weld a fitting on the coolant pipe.

Washers on both. You'll need the spacing especially on the lower water pipe connection as the original line seals on the flare and your AN fitting will be sealing on the flange. You don't want the fitting to bottom out before it seals on the flange.

OR...don't run coolant. If you're feeding the turbo from the filter housing (as instructed by the manufacturer) and not doing any type of extreme road racing, the coolant is just ancillary as it's in place from the factory to protect the turbo against hot shutdowns from drivers who are unfamiliar with turbocharged vehicles. As long as you're not doing boosted pulls into your driveway, the turbo will live a very long life. The only turbos which *require* coolant are ball bearing models due to the small amount of oil they pass which cannot carry heat away from the bearing system.

I am sure the o-ring will be fine on the side with the coolant pipe, just make sure its compatible for higher temps, and for coolant. I will still used a crush washer for that side. or get a metric fitting that is flared on the metric side for the provision on the heater pipe. The best option would be to weld a fitting on the coolant pipe.

Thank you for the advice! I went ahead and put a crush washer on both sides because i wasnt sure if the o-rings i have on hand are good for high temps like you said.

Washers on both. You'll need the spacing especially on the lower water pipe connection as the original line seals on the flare and your AN fitting will be sealing on the flange. You don't want the fitting to bottom out before it seals on the flange.

OR...don't run coolant. If you're feeding the turbo from the filter housing (as instructed by the manufacturer) and not doing any type of extreme road racing, the coolant is just ancillary as it's in place from the factory to protect the turbo against hot shutdowns from drivers who are unfamiliar with turbocharged vehicles. As long as you're not doing boosted pulls into your driveway, the turbo will live a very long life. The only turbos which *require* coolant are ball bearing models due to the small amount of oil they pass which cannot carry heat away from the bearing system.

Thank you very much for your reply :hellyeah: I'm going to go with washers on both like you advised.

Was honestly not going to run coolant at all but already bought my fittings and such. Next time ill definitely do more research. Thanks for your time and reply!

The left fitting is correct. I wouldn't use the fitting on the right because I feel the o-ring would get burnt up by the turbo. I would only use fittings with crush washers but maybe contact FP and ask them.

I have these on my car:
MAMBA Banjo Bolt Kit M14x1.5mm to 6AN Turbo Coolant Garrett GT25R GT28R GT30R | eBay
Will these fittings work with a flexible coolant line setup? I have a Morrison Fabrications DSM manifold and it moves the turbo away from the block ever so slightly. I'd rather have flexible than hard factory lines.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back