The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

AN fitting help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsondragon

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2006
East Brunswick, New_Jersey
I recently noticed I have sprung a fuel leak. Closer inspection brings me to the AN fitting that goes from the line to the rail. Upon breaking down the fitting, I found I can hand tighten/loosen the 90* bend onto the female. No other fitting I have installed have such ease. I'm curious as to what causes this. It's -6 line and I'm pretty sure the fitting is also -6 from Summit Racing. Also, I can spin the female freely when it's on the line but I can't pull it off. I pulled it off the line and it seems pretty typical though maybe a bit squeezed. Could it be a bad fitting?

Where exactly is the leak? Does it look like it's coming from where the fitting 'swivels'? Or does it look like it's coming from where the hose meets the fitting? I am sure it would be pretty hard to tell, just by looking in the engine bay when everything is hooked up. Maybe it is leaking from where the fitting makes contact to the rail adapter flange...?

I just got done installing a pump-to-rail braided kit and I had to do the AN fittings myself. So, I have some experience, but it is limited to a few fittings. I can tell you that none of my fittings easily turn/bend by hand.

Just to be safe, if you have an extra inch of hose on your line, cut the end off and re-do the AN fitting onto the newly cut end of hose and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, it could be a bad fitting. :confused:

I want to say fuel is coming out of where the male screws into the female but it's covering the whole 90* bend as well. My line slopes upward over the TB elbow down to the rail so fuel could be leaking out there and covering the bend as well. I have tried to see if I could make the leak happen by opening up the TB but no luck. Maybe I'm not opening it hard enough. I think I am going to see if I can afford a bit cut off. If not I'll need to cut a whole new line which will be annoying.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back