The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Ams2gJim under hood pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Very nice looking work. Can't wait to see the finished product and times.. :sneaky:

RedTurboEclipse said:
damn that is sweet...

how much does a buildup like that run an average consumer/customer?

Thanks.

Whats your email address I could email an estimate to you.

Jim

talon94es said:
Very nice looking work. Can't wait to see the finished product and times.. :sneaky:

Thanks,

I cant wait till i get some numbers. I'm dieing to see what she will run.

Jim

Remeber guys ask all product availability and pricing questions in private not on forums.

With that said, awesome car. :thumb:

L2RTSiAWD said:
Remeber guys ask all product availability and pricing questions in private not on forums.

With that said, awesome car. :thumb:

Thanks

Yes please ask ? about product in PM or email, I wan to update the pics soon when she is finished and I would like to keep this thread open to do so.

Jim

whoa, the exhaust manifold you guys got hacnging on the rack looks liek a tight squeeze to the one on your car, its meant for being fitted along with radiator fan inside the engine bay?

ITSME4G63 said:
whoa, the exhaust manifold you guys got hacnging on the rack looks liek a tight squeeze to the one on your car, its meant for being fitted along with radiator fan inside the engine bay?

Yes the header i have i need to use a 1g radiator and put the fans as pull style.

The one hanging on the wall is setup to bolt directly up to your dsm and fit perfect. no moving or relocating things.

Jim

Few updates

Attachments

• tn_DSC03582.JPG
    tn_DSC03582.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 424
  • tn_DSC03583.JPG
    tn_DSC03583.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 425
  • tn_DSC03585.JPG
    tn_DSC03585.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 2,026
  • tn_DSC03586.JPG
    tn_DSC03586.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 421
  • tn_DSC03587.JPG
    tn_DSC03587.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 418
Few more

Attachments

• tn_DSC03588.JPG
    tn_DSC03588.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 418
  • tn_DSC03589.JPG
    tn_DSC03589.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 420
  • tn_DSC03590.JPG
    tn_DSC03590.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 414
And here is a sneek peak of our intake manifold in testing.

Attachments

• tn_DSC03579.JPG
    tn_DSC03579.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 409
Lunch_Box said:
Any numbers from the intake mani?

Over another intake manifold on the market we made 20 -25 whp.

1fast97gsx said:
Car looks good ... is this still your white 97 just repainted or a whole new car?

Yep this is still my white gsx. I repaint it pearl gray but I'm a little unhappy with it. I'm either repainting it Viper gray or going with this awesome pearl white from house of colors.

Jim

my engine isnt the best and this guy might build mine and he was talking about some of the stuff u have can u email me a estimate to :thumb: sweet car

Ams2gJim said:
Well one reason it's there because it has to be or the manifold will be to short, and your question yes it does sock up a good amount of the heat going into the chambers.
what does that mean, "too short"? is is possible to run the manifold without the spacer? im looking into getting a manifold for my rwd project and ive asked a few times for people to measure the FRH manifold but no luck. could you tell me what the width is from the head side flange to the edge of the plenum (firewall side)? and back on topic, thats a dope setup :thumb:

Ams2gJim said:
Over another intake manifold on the market we made 20 -25 whp.

That is a tribute to the work you do at AMS, that is absolutely outstanding :thumb:

peregrine said:
what does that mean, "too short"? is is possible to run the manifold without the spacer? im looking into getting a manifold for my rwd project and ive asked a few times for people to measure the FRH manifold but no luck. could you tell me what the width is from the head side flange to the edge of the plenum (firewall side)? and back on topic, thats a dope setup :thumb:[/QUOTE

On the dyno that length with the spacer made the most hp, its not just there for heat its there to set the right length of the runners.

Jim

I LOOOOVE AMS engine bays. Good work guys. :thumb:

THE_ARTIST_ said:
think it will be able to take the famed EVO you guys built?

very nice BTW :thumb:

Yes Sir.

JwUoNoG said:
I LOOOOVE AMS engine bays. Good work guys. :thumb:

Thanks, we put alot of work into what we do. Our staff is very anal about what goes on in our shop. no corners are ever cut and everyone is treated the same.

Jim

ar .70 eh? :D

gt30? or is it something bolt on....like err uhh *cough*3065*ahem*

:thumb:

gonna go with speed density/standalone? if so, which?

extensive spark system there...any reason why not just use a maxda leading coil pack instead? reason i ask is ive seen such setups run mid 10s when at the same time ive seen msd dis 500 dollar coil setups on less boost have mis-fire problems with a thinner spark plug gap.

just wondering, understand if you dont wanna give out that much info. thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back