The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

AMS race shaft. Port OFH?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90tsiPA

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 5, 2007
Hanover, Pennsylvania
Wondering if anyone has any insight on if I should port the oil filter housing with an AMS race shaft. I haven't found any information on this topic? I realize I'm still blocking the oil ports on the front shaft but does using the rear shaft counteract that?

It may have a minimal effect on oil pressure, since you are blocking 2 and not all 3 oil feeds.

I would suggest you leave the OFH stock, until you do the BSE and get the engine fired up and can check your oil pressures.

Since the OFH is an external part, if the need to port it arises, you can pull it and port it later.

Thanks I did a light port considering the fact that two are blocked but really not too much bigger I figured it will at least have the ability to bleed more off at high rpm considering I'm looking to rev to 8500

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back