The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Amazon 2G Rear Axles

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpinskey

Probationary Member
Nov 17, 2020
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
I found rear 2G axles on Amazon for my 99 gsx. It seems too good to be true. They look like LSD axles for 140 bucks. Has anyone ever ran them? Do they last abs are they actually for a LSD 2g? Thanks for any input.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I actually requested info about these the other day as I had the same curiosity. They replied with they are meant for the open diff, not LSD. However, if the LSD inner cups work with open diff axles, could possibly just swap the cups and have new axles.

Not sure if the images of those axles are supposed to represent the actual axles (or are just some kind of generic image).

If they are supposed to be the actual axles, there's a problem. The diff end of the axles in those images is female splined. It's supposed to be a male splined shaft, no?

They’re a parts distributor. Doesn’t say anything about manufacturing

OP: I would do some research on their axles.

In '02 my 95tsi had a bad wheel bearing in back. The castle nut on the axle barely looked like a nut and with no effort it became dust. The axle and spindle were removed to put in a press to get the axle out. The spindle snapped an ear off without trying. I looked everywhere for parts. Spindle I got for way too much money, wheel bearing was 200, etc etc. The axle was $900, dealer only, which at that point made the car sit for a f***ing while.

There may be a nice market for these rear axles. Not huge, and 150 bucks is cool. Glad it's occurring, just hope they're not shit.

OP buy one and see if it works. It's Amazon, return it if not.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back