The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

3 Alternators in 2 months

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpw1289

Probationary Member
May 11, 2010
glen allen, Virginia
i have replaced my alternator 3 time in the last 2 month and i cant not find out what it is ?? could it be my fuse ? and what is a good hight out putt alternator

What exactly is the problem you are having? could you explain it a little more?
lots of people do a Saturn alternator on the dsm. I dont know to much about it but if you do search you should be able to find some good info on here.

well went my car idles it starts to spuder went the cooling fans kick on and when i hooked up the volts tester and the fans came on the test light went out

yupp and when and got a remanfuractured one and i still have the same problem

Here is a rule of thumb from personal experience. When you buy a remanufactured alternator even though it looks new, make the parts store check it. I put 3 alternators on my car that were all bad, just trusting there were good all in the same day. then i went back to auto zone and made them check 2 more in the store till they found a good one LOL, still on my car to this day! The problem is on our cars the alternators sit extremely close to the exhaust and when they reman these alternators they use the least amount of solder they can to save money, there is a thing inside your alternator called a diode trio they keep the current from back flowing through the system. So tiny bits of solder next to a hot exhaust= bad diode trio= voltage back flow through the system and bad alternator! That is if you can get one that works in the first place.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back