The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

alternator?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rival

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2004
aiken, South_Carolina
Hey guys, I am just wondering where I can buy a a good alternator for my 95 Talon awd. I searched, but didn't find anything. thanx! :)

Maybe a myth, but I hear that alternators from automatics are better, if and when you should decide to replace it. May not be true so don't flame me. Just passing info that I heard from a really good dsm mechanic.

You could get yourself one from any of your local pepboys, autozone, etc. It probably will come with warranty, but in this case I would probably get the oem stuff. Choice is up to you.

Good luck! :dsm:

yeah man try autozone not bad they come with warranties and all i have a 1g and mine was like 150 bucks with a 50 dollar core charge so it came to a hundred bucks havent had any trouble and its warrantied for 3 years i beleive so thats ur best bet :talon:

There are two alternators for 1Gs, one is about 75 amps and the other is about 95 amps. I don't know which got which, I just know they both exist. Probably the cars with power windows got them.

In my experiences autozone alternators are terrible, I put 3 of them on my talon in a year. Although it doesn't take long to replace after you've done it once, and the warranty makes it a free replacement over and over. I'd go autozone for that reason alone.

If you are looking for a high amp alternator there is company based out of dallas texas that sells them they have a 135 for 279w/lifetime or a 150 for 299w/lifetime. You have to call they don't list it on there site my brother just ordered his and should be here tuesday. There website is www.4alterstart.com. They also have 1g alternators to. Just throwing this out there incase you were looking for a bigger one :thumb: hope it helps.

I wouldn't get a pepboys alt beacause I had 3 put in in less than 2 months. The 3rd was no good either so I got an oem 75amp from Connicelli Mitsu in PA. for like $200. Hated paying that much for an alt but relly had no choice after the pepboys fiasco.

I believe on 1g dsm's there are 60 or 65 and 75amp verions. I think the canadians have a 90amp which I now wish I had priced because if it wasn't much more than my 75amp I would've definately got one.

Make sure you have a strong battery when you put the new alt in because a weak one will cause your alt to work harder and cause you problems.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back