The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Alternator Wiring Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexrc

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 23, 2007
Santo Domingo, Central_America
Hey Guys

I just recently did a swap from a 420a to a 4g63t , on my 95 RS, the person that did the electric work on it didn't know for sure how to wire the Alternator in the picture attached is how is wired right now, but is giving me P1500 Code, can someone help me correct this.

Attachments

• DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 80
There is either an open circuit in the generator fr terminal circuit or your engine control module has failed.

You have an open circuit either inside the alternator (FR terminal, pin 4, green wire) or a bad connection (open/short circuit) from this terminal to pin 41 of the ECU.

Check the 4 pin connector first.

If the wires and connectors check out then suspect the ecu is the cause and replace it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back