The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Alternator Wiring Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LKWTSI

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 7, 2008
Lake Wylie, South_Carolina
Doing a bunch of wire tucks on all the non essential wiring and while doing the alternator wiring, I peeled back the tape and found this cut off wire. I looked up the schematics and the color doesn't match what is supposed to be there plus it has no where to connect to?
Any ideas what this is for??
Here's the wires in question.

Attachments

• Alternator Wires 002.jpg
    Alternator Wires 002.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 101
Wire for the power steering oil pump pressure switch. Electrical diagrams show the wire should be yellow but I'm sure the yellow fades away after years of exposure to heat from the exhaust manifold and miscellaneous chemicals. Under all the dirt and grime on my wire, it looks the same as what you've posted. Plus the connectors are known to become brittle and break off. The only other possibility is the wire for the engine oil pressure switch -- also a yellow wire.

I thought as much. My power steering pump never had that wire and now I know why. As for the oil pressure ones, I have those figured out and yes the yellow had faded, but cut it back anyway as, I'm using after market gauges and only needed the blue one. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back