The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved Replaced Alternator now blowing fuse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoonigane

5+ Year Contributor
Jan 4, 2018
Siauliai, Europe
Today i replaced my alt with new one and 80 amp alt fuse just blown. Put in new one blew again. Did i connect everything right? And alt is 90 amp shouldnt fuse be 90amp too? The last alternator was 90amp too but it didnt blew. Any ideas?

Also all my accessories like radio windows heater and such doesnt work. They are disabled when this fuse breaks right or did I fry everything?

Attachments

• IMG_20200805_155737.jpg
    IMG_20200805_155737.jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 151
Last edited by a moderator:
Today i replaced my alt with new one and 80 amp alt fuse just blown. Put in new one blew again. Did i connect everything right? And alt is 90 amp shouldnt fuse be 90amp too? The last alternator was 90amp too but it didnt blew. Any ideas?
Where is the wire going to b terminal? You have nothing hooked up there.

Your Eclipse is the European version which may be slightly different than our USA version.
However on our 2g turbo versions, the alternator fuse is a 100 amp and yes it supply's power to the fuses for power windows, radio and heater blower which most likely is the same on yours. Check the owners manual for the proper value of your alternator fuse. But it does sound like you have a short somewhere since it always blows.

Last edited:
Pretty sure you’re missing the power wire to the fuse box and it’s grounded through the block

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I swapped my alt for 90amp also and installed 100amp fuse. Been this way for about a year now without issues

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your replies. The issue was i i atached b terminal in wrong place. Thats what happens when you take out your alternator and put it in month later. Everythings fixed thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back