The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Alternator Pulley Group Buy

What Diameter?

• Total voters

lasthope05

Proven Member
Mar 31, 2006
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
No picture is showing but we ride on the inner ribs. I want 25% UD of the stock dsm pully just like the kiggly unit. Throw the washers in too. That'll save me time and gas VS driving to Fastenal and rummage through the bins for a washer they might not stock or something I'd have to mill down.

jls_frog

Proven Member
Sep 15, 2011
plano, Texas
Once you have a pulley size that you will sell, do you test to make sure the alternator provides enough voltage at idle ? The pulley that's on the alternator they are measuring is the 6 rib pulley that you get from motorcityreman when you buy the Saturn alternator for dsm

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
Once you have a pulley size that you will sell, do you test to make sure the alternator provides enough voltage at idle ?

Underdrive beyond 15-20% will likely present a voltage issue at idle. This is not a straight forward situation though. The state of the alternator, its age and if its been uprated are factors in idle charge. As an example an alternator that is on its way out may not exhibit a problem with the stock pulley or a stock diameter but once an underdrive pulley is put on the overspin built in from the factory is no longer masking the problem.

We suggest based upon our experience that 15% will be the maximum safe underdrive. Anything beyond this is a decision the group would have to agree on. 20% could also be the limit but it would require testing. After 20% we expect definite undercharge at idle with lights, stereo, etc.

dacowgod

Supporting Vendor
Feb 3, 2006
Morgantown, West_Virginia
I want a GM Underdrive pulley as well.. I can pay for it asap please let me know if/when this actually happens

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
Alright we need a favor from someone with 1G alternator laying around. Our old CAD drawing data, which we are converting over to Solidworks, can make these updates challenging which in this case is causing some confusion as to the thickness from the alternator pulley face (where the nut sits) to the back face of the pulley flange the sits on the face of the alternator shaft. We are showing 10mm for the 1G and 14 mm for the 2G which is weird because we remeber 1G and 2G being the same. If it turns out this is correct we will just split the production as the bulk of the parts are the same. We won't have to make a bore spacer for the 1G to drop the 2G pulleys 17mm bore to the 1G 15mm bore. It will also require that 1/2G owners agree on the pulley diameters. Sorry for the confusion, its always a bit wacky when we don't have all the original samples or drawings of the OE parts still available.

It would be easiest for us to call you an explain exactly what we need so just PM us your number or call and speak with Mike at 949.478.5539.

Last edited:

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
Here is a 3D rendering of the alternator pulley 10% underdrive.

Its hard to tell the difference in larger diameters as we just scale the thru hole size and centerline to the diameter change.

Feedback is appreciated :)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
No picture is showing but we ride on the inner ribs. I want 25% UD of the stock dsm pully just like the kiggly unit. Throw the washers in too. That'll save me time and gas VS driving to Fastenal and rummage through the bins for a washer they might not stock or something I'd have to mill down.

Image uploaded :)

Forgot to say thumbnail or full image :(

ec17pse

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
The pulley looks good. I may suggest a new post just for the Saturn pulley, you might get a better response

Thank you for the suggestion but we are looking for dimensions for the stock 1G alternator pulley.

We are done with the Saturn version as it will use the 2G version plus a .75mm spacer.

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
We are following up with each thread to let everyone know that all the UR GB's are closed.

We appreciate the opportunity and hope to find another option to bring the products to you with another DSM Tuners vendor partner.

george louis

Probationary Member
Nov 21, 2018
california, California
*cough* GM alternator pulley (with only four ribs, not six) *cough*
abra el número de parte le qda al alternador Saturno?

open the part number you [used] to the saturn alternator?

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds