The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Alternator Pulley Group Buy

What Diameter?

• Total voters

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
15% underdrive would be the maximum amount of underdrive we would so for street use without a major amperage uprating.

Last edited:

Boomdeeze

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 5, 2009
Independence, Minnesota
First in!

The 1G kiggly pulley is a 25% underdrive, can the 2g alternators not handle that?

Do you know if the 2G alternator has the same pulley as the Galant 90A that many switch to? (Mounting in mind)

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
First in!

The 1G kiggly pulley is a 25% underdrive, can the 2g alternators not handle that?
Do you know if the 2G alternator has the same pulley as the Galant 90A that many switch to? (Mounting in mind)

1. The alternator can handle any percentage underdrive you want but at idle and lower rpms the more underdrive means the less output you'll have from the alternator.

2. The bore on the 1G is 15mm and the 2G is 17mm, otherwise they are the same.

bluespunk

Proven Member
May 29, 2011
Chicago, Illinois
5th Saturn pulley

I'd be in. I'd love to be able to upgrade my alternator and run an aluminum pulley. Currently running a different brand one for a stock 2g alternator. I'd happily switch for a GM one.

lasthope05

Proven Member
Mar 31, 2006
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
GM pulley with 4 ribs(spaced correct for DSM application) and 3" would be nce since there is already a 2.5" and 2.75" option.

turbotalon1g

Proven Member
Oct 19, 2005
Blaine, Minnesota
how much lighter than stock?
I'm game for a 20-25% underdriven 1G

Last edited:

SexyDSM95

Proven Member
May 1, 2004
West Chester, Pennsylvania
I'd also be interested in the GM/Saturn pulley. We should have 10 by now - haha

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
Boy everyone is spread out on the choices....

The choices will need to narrow down unless of course there is a commitment of 10 for each version :)

We can also gladly work with one of the retailers/tuners that support DSM Tuners and offer them an Exclsuive on the 1G & 2G pulleys they might want to stock.

Either way we will gladly support the member discount program and honor our commitment to support this community!

lasthope05

Proven Member
Mar 31, 2006
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Looks like more people wants a GM pulley which isnt on the poll. 1g's already have the Kiggly pulley so that should be off the list.

One member on the Link forums bored out the Kiggly 25% under pulley to fit the GM alternator and still sees 14v+ at idle and to 9K rpm. IMO, that seems like the way to go.

jery1234

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 26, 2008
Toronto, ON_Canada
That's me, I have the kiggly pulley on Saturn alternator .Solid 14 volt from 800 rpm to 9000 rpm, I use fluidampr crank pulley so that may have helped with the voltage .

Attachments

• 20170119_134730 (Medium).jpg
    20170119_134730 (Medium).jpg
    123 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
I don't see a way to modify the poll, could be a newbie thing LOL

Doing a 25% underdrive pulley for the GM alternator is no problem, we just need to confirm how its dimensions relate to the stock alternator. Like the dimension of the back edge of alternator pulley flange to the belt centerline. Also is the 25% underdrive based on the stock Mitsubishi alternator pulley or the stock GM alternator pulley diameter?

Boomdeeze

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 5, 2009
Independence, Minnesota
We should narrow it down to one option for each setup and gauge interest... You said that 15% was the highest for a street car so I feel that is a viable option for a group buy. Seeing the Kiggly one is 25%, it should be a happy medium for street/race applications. Maybe offer both stock 1G/2G pulley and then a 15% underdrive for 1G/2G. That will let us get the ball rolling on a pulley for each setup. Can add the GM pulley in as that is showing interest as well. Just trying to get the ball rolling here before I pull the trigger on a Kiggly 1G pulley and have it milled for the 2g/galant alt.

Thoughts?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds