The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Alternator problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1997 Eclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2003
Manila, Asia
had to replace my original alternator with a second hand one. My problem now is that the ABS light occasionally comes on when sitting in traffic for a long will as I am only gettting about 10 Volts ( at night with spot lights, head lights and Stereo running) from the Alternator at idle - 600rpm due to my 264/272 HKS camshafts. Should I replace my alternator or increase the idle or both?

Just the ABS light or various lights? In my experience and trust Ive had alot when it comes to alternators, its probably the alternator. If you just got a used one rather then new or rebuilt Id go get a rebuilt one and try that. Even with all that equipment you should still be fine. Im running an amp with 2 10's, 6 gauges, and dash gauges and still hold 12 to 13volts at idle.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back