The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Alternator Position (smaller Belt?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfiniteGSX

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2002
Tijeras, New_Mexico
Has anyone ran a smaller than stock belt for their alternator? I had to weld in this old huge bulky wastegate on the car and I didn't make it perfect, so one of the bolts bolting the wastegates dump would hit the charge wire, so I was thinking maybe I Could use a tad smaller belt to pull the alternator in more so I can clear the charge wire. At least until I can afford a new O2 Housing and Wastegate.

Not sure if this helps or not but I had to go to a smaller belt but it was only by a half inch. 390K4 (39" belt) is the factory belt I went to a 385K4 (38 1/2" belt). maybe it will give you a starting point with your length.

Cool. You know how much that 1/2" moved the Alternator in? Or how far it is from the motor? I'm starting to get irritated with the suit (sp) the wastegate is putting on my nice engine bay.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back