The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Alternator ground location

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexjzl

Probationary Member
Apr 15, 2022
Santa Fe, New_Mexico
I have a Mitsubishi eclipse gst 1998 just bought a new alternator the duralast gold but Im having problems locating the ground cable the Old alternator didn't have a ground connected to the alternator I do see a cable cut on my wiring system does anyone know If the cable is the ground cable or where is the ground cable located anyone

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Alternators are usually grounded by the body in most cases. You can attach a ground from the case to engine block or chassis as an added ground. Think one of the broken wire is for the stock oil pressure gauge. Looks like you have 3 broken wires?

Look like I have 2 cables cut but I could add another ground to the chassis of the car or it goes back to the battery

It does not have to go to the battery. From the case of the alternator to engine block or chassis.

@Mexjzl are you having electrical issues? Here are a list of grounds in the engine bay
- Battery to firewall
- Back of intake manifold to firewall
- One of the starter bolts should have a ground to harness that runs under the thermostat housing

It does not have to go to the battery. From the case of the alternator to engine block or chassis.

@Mexjzl are you having electrical issues? Here are a list of grounds in the engine bay
- Battery to firewall
- Back of intake manifold to firewall
- One of the starter bolts should have a ground to harness that runs under the thermostat housing
Would you happen to have the fsm pictures of the locations?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back