The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Alternator Belt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There are 3 belts on there.Ps,alternator,and a/c. Any parts store can hook you up.You know which one is squealing?

Well, What year is the car? Like I said there should be 3 belts. One for the alt,one for the ps,one for the ac.If your removing the ac belt it doesn't interfere with the other 2.

Well, What year is the car? Like I said there should be 3 belts. One for the alt,one for the ps,one for the ac.If your removing the ac belt it doesn't interfere with the other 2.

There are only two accessory belts on a 2gt. There is a third belt, but it's the timing belt, and it doesn't drive anything but the cams, water and oil pumps, and balance shafts.

OP: I'd search around for "A/C elimination". I don't know anything about it, but I know a buttload of cars have done it. I forget what else is on that belt, but a quick look under the hood or in a Haynes/Chilton manual would answer that.

well to remove your ac you dont really need any new belts, all it is would removing the a/c(disconnecting the belt, removing clips and if you want to take the compressor off depressurize the system take lines off and compressor too)and thats it...
if your belts are sqealing then maybe there is something on the pulley making them slip or there misaligned...or you just have worn belts

Squealing belts could also mean they have stretched ( especially if they are recently new ) and need to be readjusted.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back