The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G alternator and AC belt length

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2g. Even though either should work. The alternator has a lot of play.

Just checked. 39" for a 1g. 38.5" for a 2g. Yup either one.

Now the power steering belts are completely different. You'll want a 2g

AC belts are the same. 37"

EDIT: well shit. OP is a ###got :p

I picked up a napa belt giving them the 980mm length for my 99 but they gave me a belt but the part nimbers dont match to what other threads have.. I was supposed to pick up a 2g oem belt from the dealer but they flaked and won't have it til monday and I'm going to the track on sunday, i got the napa as a backup i case my current snaps.

The part i got was napa micro-V number 040378 and if i know my part numbers correctly thats a 37.8" length belt, did i get the wrong belt?

Also is the napa belt even good? It was twice as expensive as the oem...

It'll work lengthwise. Nothing special about the napa belt, but I wouldn't pay more than $10-15 for a belt. If you end up using it, no big deal. I would return it and get the oem.

i already paid for the OEM and just am waiting for it but i wanted the napa incase my current OEM broke, speaking of which. if the belt breaks and you stop the car right then. nothing bad is gonna happen right? i mean it IS the only belt attached to my water pump (no AC or PS) but it would only eventually over heat and thats it right?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back