The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Alternatives to OEM throttle body shaft seals?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gusu

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 9, 2009
Independence, Oregon
So I've been looking to replace my TB shaft seals for a while now. But finding them for a 90 is a pain in the ass. Plus, I can't use Paypal on my only debit card due to a website I used getting hacked and losing people's Paypal information, so it's locked.

What I am wanting to know is if there are any alternatives to using the OEM seals, much like how a lot of us use Home Depot seals for our injectors. Maybe even just buying the seals from a site that sells hardware or something if anyone knows the exact specs.

If you guys know a place that I can buy them that it wont cost 400,000 dollars in shipping to have them delivered that would be awesome as well. I'm not going to spend 50 dollars on some seals that should cost two bucks.

Last edited:
I wouldn't I would get the ones for your car, call a dealership, call jnz, send a check, or money order, or credit card, or even have someone you know pay for it then give them cash.

Because they aren't round it will be difficult to find them. Rtmracing has the all rubber ones, not sure what shipping to the states would be though.

I don't know how to describe it, if you have seen one then you know what I am talking about. O rings are circles and are easy to find.

I don't know how to describe it, if you have seen one then you know what I am talking about. O rings are circles and are easy to find.

So you mean it's not a tube in the shape of a circle, but instead has some height to it? If so, then yes, that's normal. They make seals like that in a variety of shapes, as noted in the above linked threads.

These seals will only fit on one side of the '90 throttle body. The other side is a different dimension (smaller). The best way for the OP to go would be the Chicago Rawhide part numbers in the linked threads. twicks69 most likely has these in stock.

I usually keep a few dozen of the Chicago Rawhide CR3030 & CR3930 on the shelf. Pm me if you need a set.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back