The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

almost died last night

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vertGST

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 1, 2002
Miramar, Florida
well last night i was on my way home from work and on the highway i was cut off by a car that was going way lower than the speed limit. i swerved to miss and got the car sideways and spinning the car a few times and wound up going from the right lane across three laned, the center mediun and wound up up stopped in the oncoming traffic lanes. as i was spinning out of control a 03 tiburon clipped my rear and kept me spinning. i am seriously lucky to be alive and very thankful that someone was watching over me. the car on the other hand isn't in the best condition but the whol situation could have been a lot worse. it had rained for the past two days so the grass medin in the middle was turned into mud and had about 6 inches to 1 foot of water which slowed me down . i finally wound up in the oncoming traffic lanes and it was a pocket where there were few cars traveling and the ones that were were able to stop in time to avoid me. i was able to get my car to the shoulder. i am thankful and now have a new outlook on life. like i said damage to the car is minimal compared to what it could have been but most importantly no one got hurt.

Brendon:dsm:

Attachments

• dscf0090.jpg
    dscf0090.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 345
cars can be bought and body panels,etc can be repaired

much harder to repair a human

glad you're ok.

rear

Attachments

• dscf0092.jpg
    dscf0092.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 345

Attachments

• dscf0088.jpg
    dscf0088.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 329
and what i spun across and wound up. you can still see the gashes through the grass.

Attachments

• dscf0098.jpg
    dscf0098.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 335
isn't that coincidence i almost died last night too, this car got into in accident and another car stopped right behind him, i sped up to pass anither car, thats when i noticed the accident, i hit the brake as hard as i could realized i wasnt gonna stop in time swerved out of the way. i came a hair away from hitting the back end of a dodge ram monster truck my car would have been crushed.

Damn, that's real scary guys...glad you're all O.K.! :)

Ouch! I know exactly how you feel...I've had a few accidents with my car as well...things always work out tho in the end. Goodluck!

Originally posted by wishihadatalon
so what happened to the guy that cut you off?

he never stopped just kept on going. he had to have been doing 45-50 in a 65 and just veered over.:mad:

glad to hear you're alright....any harm to te engine?

Originally posted by thehyena
glad to hear you're alright....any harm to te engine?

i am not sure. i limped the car home last night and it didn't seem like it was running right. i gave it a little boost and i think i am leaking somewhere. might have put a hole in the intercooler or lower intercooler pipe.

i just took a good look at the rear and the inner panels in the trunk on that side of the car ar all popped out and the trunk no longer closes properly. and the tailight on that side is nopt lined up correctly.:mad:

Damn man, glad to know you're ok!

I know how it is, I've been through this kind of stuff before, well maybe not really a highway accident but I could've been dead long time ago. I've seen my life flash in seconds, feels great to know you're alive. You start seeing things diferently and giving more value to your life.

I'm also very thankful to know someone's looking out for us.

Originally posted by vertGST

i am not sure. i limped the car home last night and it didn't seem like it was running right. i gave it a little boost and i think i am leaking somewhere. might have put a hole in the intercooler or lower intercooler pipe.

Man don't worry about that, it's probably minor. Most likely a boost leak I would agree... do an intake leak test, if you find out that you need intercooler pipes I still have my stock piping somewhere around the house and i'll be pleased to help you out.

the adjustor from the insurance should come out this week so i am gonna see what happens with that. and if they replace it i am sure the dejontool ones are cheaper than the stock ones from the dealer:D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back