The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Almost complete 400+ hp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venum

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 6, 2003
Frederick, Colorado
Hey guys,

I’ve been a member in here since 2002 but I can’t remember my login. Anyway- my turbo conversion is almost complete and I thought you guys would appreciate this.

It’s been a dream of mine since 2006 to turbo this car and I finally am on the last step. In fact, it would be done if I didn’t have to get a warranty replacement for my turbo.

I won’t bore you with ALL the details, but in short, I did everything (or almost everything that I can think of). Internals, cams, gears, studs all around, gaskets, valves, mounts, fuel and oil pumps, gauges, sensors, regulators, injectors, FMIC, mega squirt, tune, braided lines, etc.

she’s between 400 and 450whp right now. I probably won’t go higher cuz I still want it streetable.
Here are some pics. Tell me what ya think!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

-Adam

Attachments

• Zk32Zco.jpg
    Zk32Zco.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited by a moderator:
Man that car is clean. Awesome build. Makes me want to go get to work on mine right now.

@Talon420a-t You can always pm @Ludachris and he can help you recover your old account.

Damn, that's a clean build! You've come a long way over the years! Good job! :)
Thank you! I think it looks good but it’s great to hear it from fellow DSMers!
I did a TON of research on these forums. So I feel good about the build. Not rushed, no corners cut but that makes it more expensive. No plans to get rid of her so 100% worth it.
Everyone on these forums have been really helpful over the years.

I’ve updated my car profile now. I think I got most of the mods on the list. I’m sure I forgot a few here and there.
-Adam

Hi Adam! Very nice built man!

I'm 420a owner myself so very interested how you had this built!

Hey man! Sorry for my late reply. Thanks for the compliment!
I went down this build path because I snapped a rod way back in the day due to my cold air intake on a rainy evening. So I decided to just upgrade everything while I fixed it.

Basically, I started by gathering all parts that I would need for an N/A build with the intention to turbo. I didn’t want to only do some here and there, so I grabbed everything I needed for an engine overhaul. Rods, pistons, gaskets, cams, gears, new belts, ARP studs all around, clutch....you get the picture.

After I had everything, I wanted to do the work myself but it just wasn’t getting done fast enough. So I paid a mechanic friend of mine to rip everything apart. We sent the proper parts off for machining and when we got it back he installed everything to make it run N/A. Yup, n/a even with lower compression internals. I ran the car like this for ~500-1,000 miles. Frequent oil changes to clear out any metal shavings.

Then I took it back to him and he installed the rest of the stuff: turbo manifold, turbo, wideband, mega squirt, BOV, wastegate, gauges, etc.

Lastly, I had him tune it for just 8lbs of boost to break it in some more.

And that’s where I am now. Still doing to break in thin. I don’t get to drive it as much as I’d like to. But soon, and when he’s available again, I’ll be running 16-20lbs (not sure how much yet, gonna have to see how the torque steer feels and how the wheel spinning goes).

Overall, it took a while, and there are always hang ups here and there. But I worked through them and carried on. I’m pretty dang happy with the 8lbs build, but soon it’ll be a monster with the 16-20lbs. Haha.

If you want details on any specific components of my build just let me know!

-Adam

Would you mind sharing your engine built parts list?

Yeah! If you check out my car profile I think I listed most of them. If you’re curious where I bought the stuff let me know. I have all the receipts and emails so I should be able to track down where I got all my stuff.

-Adam

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back