The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Allpar Eagle talon article (facts, not Wikipedia)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There's a couple mistakes. Example is "four wheel disk brakes is standard throughout the entire production line" for 2Gs. GS and RS had drums in the rear, and disks as an option. Also, I'd also call BS on the auto making 205hp compared to the manual's 210hp. Everything is identical, even the ECU and maps. Dunno how CHP would change. Also, the 420a didn't use a mitsubishi Automatic transmission did it? No idea if they did or not, but I swore they didn't.

Honestly I barely skimmed the article, as I stumbled upon it on the allpar site. I didn't even catch the brake thing, or the a/t data. I know I just looked up something for gunnermaiden (420a) and it was a Chrysler trans code, although my 2000 jeep Cherokee has a Mitsubishi a/t. Weird.
I wonder where we can actually find concrete facts on talons. It seems like all info leads back to this or Wikipedia.
This is a 95 brochure I have; states no difference in HP. Good catch cracked!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I think the production numbers are the only thing of substance in that article. Even that, though, is very limited information, just like the rest of the article. Lots of inconsistent information.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back