The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Alloy 2G door handles! This time its REAL!!! Cancelled

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They look awesome!!! Is that for 2ga or 2gb?

Hey folks, its me again and another item im developing for the love of DSM's and its members,

After being screwed over from pope about their door handles i decided enough was enough and went to do it myself.

This is just a 1 off hand made casting so its not perfect but its for the purpose of showing the company whats involved and allows them to quote me better for them.

This was sand casted and i am exploring the option of even die casting still and.......... Im currently talking to a few companys about making them from billet instead so currently still developing it and what the best route to proceed with is.

Just showing the community here as I love to show you all my developed parts when i get actual parts in my hands instead of drawings!

Not going to talk about cost as i dont have or know any figures but i posted it here as its more open / allowed then a normal thread,

Hope you like it

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks for all the support so far, looks like many are in need of these or just want them, ive got some emails to send out so hopefully i can keep the ball rolling on these and get something worked out this year

I'm in as long as shipping from the Queens land isn't prohibitively expensive. But even then, I'll probably still do it.
Ive been shipping to the US for years now, I always try get the most cost effective route with good people, some i stopped using now and mainly reply on Fedex and our parcelforce. both are good here and do well,

Prices should not be super high as its light and not bulky so my guess is about $45 for shipping but i always add my shipping prices into the cost anyway.

When it gets to that point i will look into it further to get better options and prices and choose a service i deem appropriate and go from there

Man, I never thought this would happen. I remember when I first broke my door handle in 04’ and could not understand how it broke.

I am very grateful to see members of the DSM community that are still pushing forward.

Thank you!

Man, I never thought this would happen. I remember when I first broke my door handle in 04’ and could not understand how it broke.

I am very grateful to see members of the DSM community that are still pushing forward.

Thank you!
I have many times wanted these to happen and no one pulled through so i might as well do it LOL,

I am trying to do as much as i can for the group to keep things new and fresh for along time,

I see this is a direct replacement for the handle that always snaps. I replaced my snapped passenger door handle a few months so ago with an aftermarket. Didnt think much of it at the time but a few weeks later it quit working. Didn't snap again but the door wouldn't open when I pulled it.

Removed the handle again and compared it to the broken OEM one. The sheet metal arm that actually pushes on the rod is about half as thick and was bending instead of actuating the rod.

Just thought I would let everyone know. Don't toss your broken OEM handle's. Hang onto them and fix them with Bobby's aluminum ones when they get done.

OEM Left - Aftermarket Right

I see this is a direct replacement for the handle that always snaps. I replaced my snapped passenger door handle a few months so ago with an aftermarket. Didnt think much of it at the time but a few weeks later it quit working. Didn't snap again but the door wouldn't open when I pulled it.

Removed the handle again and compared it to the broken OEM one. The sheet metal arm that actually pushes on the rod is about half as thick and was bending instead of actuating the rod.

Just thought I would let everyone know. Don't toss your broken OEM handle's. Hang onto them and fix them with Bobby's aluminum ones when they get done.

OEM Left - Aftermarket Right
Yes thats very true, they might make parts thinner or the rod clip weaker, that stuff i cannot control im afraid. But good spotting on how thinner it is compared to oem's, its amazing what they try to get away with on pattern parts, shocking how they still make parts these days with inferior pieces

Did you check the spring aswell? Whats the tension like vs both and thickness and coil windings?

I know the oem spring could be a tad weaker as its very very strong and thats what snaps handles aswel when it snaps back from your hand, maybe a softer spring would help alot so maybe for this the aftermarket spring might do better if a tad weaker/softer on the release

Very excited to see these active threads. I just moved back from 7 years in Germany and I've got my 98 Talon AWD in the garage needing a bunch of TLC and was getting disheartened at all the things that are no longer easy to find.

Don't know if you considered it at all in terms of the door handles, but the "hooks" and the handle portion could potentially be done separately / with different manufacturing methods and then welded (although welding to cast Al isn't always a picnic).

A set of these would be great. Because I refuse to climb through the hatch/use other door to open/leave windows down enough to reach inside handle! That is all.
Thank you. LOL:D

x12345 I would also love a set!

Did you check the spring aswell? Whats the tension like vs both and thickness and coil windings?

I know the oem spring could be a tad weaker as its very very strong and thats what snaps handles aswel when it snaps back from your hand, maybe a softer spring would help alot so maybe for this the aftermarket spring might do better if a tad weaker/softer on the release

I did not measure the two springs in detail but I still have an OEM drivers side handle believe it or not and it does feel a tad heaver spring rate than the aftermarket one.

Very excited to see these active threads. I just moved back from 7 years in Germany and I've got my 98 Talon AWD in the garage needing a bunch of TLC and was getting disheartened at all the things that are no longer easy to find.

Don't know if you considered it at all in terms of the door handles, but the "hooks" and the handle portion could potentially be done separately / with different manufacturing methods and then welded (although welding to cast Al isn't always a picnic).
The oem metal tab clip works well compared to aftermarket and yes welding will weaken the cast and it will also be alot weaker on that front then oem at least

I've only ever broken one door handle, albeit this one may have actually been my fault and not the crappy plastic; door handle and door were frozen shut from a blizzard and yanking on it hard snapped the handle right off. Door could barely even be pushed open from the inside once I did finally get in.

That said, I am totally in for a set of these. With luck it will be the last set I ever need.

I've only ever broken one door handle, albeit this one may have actually been my fault and not the crappy plastic; door handle and door were frozen shut from a blizzard and yanking on it hard snapped the handle right off. Door could barely even be pushed open from the inside once I did finally get in.

That said, I am totally in for a set of these. With luck it will be the last set I ever need.
I think Canada have this issue alot, LOL i know when it ices up here my daily door gets stuck closed and its a pig to open sometimes, westher seal makes for a tight grip once iced over

The oem metal tab clip works well compared to aftermarket and yes welding will weaken the cast and it will also be alot weaker on that front then oem at least

Not sure I was clear. I meant only the currently plastic door handle part could be made as three pieces. The two arms could for example be easily cnc cut, with the now smaller and more simply shaped handle portion missing the arms could be more easily cast, and then the three parts tig welded in a simple jig.

A cast Al to cnc Al welded handle would still be much much stronger than the oem plastic handle. It's just a cost-saving measure (which doesn't always save cost depending on the vendor) that we use in industry.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back