The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ALL Military/DOD... Gov't Shutdown 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gofer

Feb 18, 2006
South Gilbert, Arizona
Well i'm glad that I am out so i don't have to deal with this BS, and thats exactly what it is. Yeah i know its the members fault of not being smart financially but do they not realize that a lot of members in the military live paycheck to paycheck. This is going to ruin peoples credit, and or living situations man I feel bad for you guys who are still in and may have to deal with this.

Looks like conservative propaganda from where i'm sitting.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Guys, relax.

Look at the source, don't just accept the BS the media puts out. That article is written by a Gannett company, which is the same media outlet that owns garbage like USA today. The company is notoriously conservative, this is a scare tactic designed to generate support for the GOP.

Look for a more credible source if you want accurate information.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/15/us/15spend.html?_r=1&ref=politics

Oh HELL naw.... This is some bull man.. I'm prepping for a deployment and this is the last thing I needed to hear.

If it was me, and they are now treating serving the country like a job, then I would do what anyone would do when a company stops paying a person...stop working. There are more troops than the people leading the troops. Either that or defect to the enemy...

I'm not in the service YET, but still. Our troops overseas have families to take care of, and bills too just like anyone else. These guys/girls are over there far away. The last thing they want to find out is that their not getting paid.

We bi*** about the Government.

We bi*** about spending and being TRILLIONS in debt.

Government shuts down for a day, we bi*** about that.

America = Stupid as hell.

From one article:

"Officials at various agencies have frozen hiring, canceled projects, delayed contracts, reduced grants and curtailed training, travel and upgrades in information technology."

And this is different from what always happens every few years....how?

Don't panic until there is a reason to.

Government shuts down for a day, we bi*** about that.

America = Stupid as hell.

EXCUSE YOU? Just shut your mouth. We dont get paid much. All I ask for is my check in exchange for my life. I have EVERY right to bi*** about this if I please.

EXCUSE YOU? Just shut your mouth. We dont get paid much. All I ask for is my check in exchange for my life. I have EVERY right to bi*** about this if I please.

So you'll risk your life for our country, but not one payday? I sure as hell would if it would help this unbelievable debt we're in.

So you'll risk your life for our country, but not one payday? I sure as hell would if it would help this unbelievable debt we're in.

I have bills too.. How about we take one of every civilians checks too to help decrease the debt instead of 1% of the country that actually contributes to it.

The military industrial complex is what is creating the debt, and it's owed to them in some circular logic anyway.

You think I'm targeting soldiers specifically? I'm sorry, but how dare you raise your voice to me, sir? The fact that you look for ways to take things that people say as a personal attack is laughable at best. If you'd use a single cell in that skull of yours, you'd realize that I was speaking of people in general. Do you think that I PERSONALLY care about YOUR bills? No, I don't. Am I the one who is enlisted and has to worry about not getting paid because the Government that I work for is, at best, a group of teenagers stealing their parent's credit cards and has gotten so far into debt that America has become the laughing stock of the planet?

You want to take it personally, go cry a god damned river. That's the best you're going to do. Try to pin it on me that I'm singling people out, especially honorable men and women who will be working for free without bitching and all you'll do is make yourself look like an idiot. Grow some balls and shut the hell up about you being a soldier and not getting paid. Aren't you supposed to have a bit more dignity and composure than that? Yeah, GREAT representation of what our Government is made of.

You think I'm targeting soldiers specifically? I'm sorry, but how dare you raise your voice to me, sir? The fact that you look for ways to take things that people say as a personal attack is laughable at best. If you'd use a single cell in that skull of yours, you'd realize that I was speaking of people in general. Do you think that I PERSONALLY care about YOUR bills? No, I don't. Am I the one who is enlisted and has to worry about not getting paid because the Government that I work for is, at best, a group of teenagers stealing their parent's credit cards and has gotten so far into debt that America has become the laughing stock of the planet?

You want to take it personally, go cry a god damned river. That's the best you're going to do. Try to pin it on me that I'm singling people out, especially honorable men and women who will be working for free without bitching and all you'll do is make yourself look like an idiot. Grow some balls and shut the hell up about you being a soldier and not getting paid. Aren't you supposed to have a bit more dignity and composure than that? Yeah, GREAT representation of what our Government is made of.

Anddd another speach where Keiya thinks he can be a smartass/dickbag.. What do you do thats positve for our country? Thats what I thought..NOTHING.

Your speeches are played out man. You picked the wrong subject to be a cynical asshole about.

Remove all embassies, bases, and stop the 3 wars going on, and we would save trillions per year. While the rest of the world struggles to make do without illegal wars and occupation in every other global nation, we continue to do so while struggling less. If we stopped this crazy activity our country would truly shine again, but instead we will most likely end up the scum of the earth, and be worse off than any third world nation that ever existed.

All of this "support our troops" is just some country-music redneck bullshit. I'll support our troops when they start kidnapping 18 year olds out of high schools and forcing them to fight. As of now, everyone that is serving volunteered to do so, and you always have the choice to stay fighting for illegal wars or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back