The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G All black Interior?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armytruckdriver1

Probationary Member
Jan 22, 2024
Lubbock, Texas
Looking to completely redo the interior in my 98 GS, currently it has the black and tan interior in it, wanting to go all black, does anyone have any suggestions on maybe interior paint or may somewhere I can get a donor car, or even where I can find all black interior pieces, I have found a few pieces like headliner an carpet on Amazon. Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated

DO NOT...paint your seats... It may look okay in the beginning, but after a while you won't be happy.
Carpet ... https://www.accmats.com/commerce/1998/Mitsubishi/Eclipse/Flooring/16023/
Contact your local upholsterer and see what he will charge to redo your seats… He may be able to swap out the tan panels to black and redo your headliner.
My wife has an aunt that can redo my seats an headliner, I'm just looking for ideas for getting the plastic pieces in all black.

I’ve never personally seen all black interior. It’s either black/ grey , black/beige or all grey and even a blue in some I believe.

Areas not available are under the dash and center console trim along with the A and B pillars. The cargo area trim and anything with carpet or headliner I’ve never seen black either.

I used a plastic flat black vinyl rattle can on my first car that was already clapped out though. I wouldn’t recommend it for something you care about but to each their own.

-Daniel

I’ve never personally seen all black interior. It’s either black/ grey , black/beige or all grey and even a blue in some I believe.

Areas not available are under the dash and center console trim along with the A and B pillars. The cargo area trim and anything with carpet or headliner I’ve never seen black either.

I used a plastic flat black vinyl rattle can on my first car that was already clapped out though. I wouldn’t recommend it for something you care about but to each their own.

-Daniel
That is because you are correct, they never came in ALL black. They "blue" is still grey and a third color is like a beige/tan for the headliner and visors with the plastics too.

For the OP, people have had VERY good success using dyerite for both the carpet and the plastics. The plastics you have to heat up and also heat up the dye/water, but it works and will be permanent and not rub off. Hope this helps.

Looking to completely redo the interior in my 98 GS, currently it has the black and tan interior in it, wanting to go all black, does anyone have any suggestions on maybe interior paint or may somewhere I can get a donor car, or even where I can find all black interior pieces, I have found a few pieces like headliner an carpet on Amazon. Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated
Im set on doing the same to mine. Many years ago I did the interior of a chevelle I had from blue to black and it came out amazing and lasted. I used a fabric dye and plastic polymer specific dye in my paint gun, it was surprisingly easy. Im just concerned it won't bond so good to the vinyl seats so I'll probably have someone re upholster them.
Post an updated when you get there.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sorry for the poor quality photos of photos.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back